Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper Age

Anyone Know What Makes This a Variant? TMNT #313252

Collector mscheel15 private msg quote post Address this user
Over at Sellmycomics.com they list this as a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 (1985):
Laird's Photo Comic Con Variant." I have this but I'm 100% positive I bought it at a Comic Shop when it came out. Cap's Comics in Kutztown PA back in '85. I'm posting the image they have on their site as well as my copy. Is there a "non-variant" printing of this? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks all.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Theirs is the NYCC variant. It’s technically the first print run of ~500 copies that they made for the show. It has slightly different coloring, most notably with the Laird’s Photo text being bright white instead of the muddier white from the main issue run.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty easy to spot: If the white in Laird’s matches the white border of the T above it, you’ve got the variant. If not, it’s from the main issue run.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector mscheel15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan
Pretty easy to spot: If the white in Laird’s matches the white border of the T above it, you’ve got the variant. If not, it’s from the main issue run.

Thanks!
That clears that up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Big money book right here. I got this from Kevin Eastman directly. It's worth about $3500 today.
Post 5 IP   flag post
597900 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?