Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeFor SaleQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Instagram Newbie - Help13251

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Just opened an IG account (Doc Cop Comics) and not sure how to search for people selling books or for titles themselves. What is the best way to go about doing this. Much appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Just started following you! I’ll send you some others to follow!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Hashtags are your friend, but for new accounts it's about the content you interact with. The more you interact with certain types of content the more IG algorithms will show that type of content to you.

You can follow Cowabunga Comics, Cover Swipes, Certified Comic Shop, Comic Dojo, and Cobra Kai Comics to start.

I just followed ya.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
#comicsforsale and #sellingcomics are good searches.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That's a lot! I'll figure this out. So if I wanted to sell a comic on IG, I would just post a picture with for sale message? Again forgive my ignorance.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Doc_Cop you would want to include some hashtags to help other people find what they're looking for to buy. If you have an issue of ASM 300 you may want to use #comicsforsale #asm300 #amazingspiderman300 #firstvenom #sellingcomics
Post 6 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
My head hurts.

This is why I can't use social media for buying or selling. the other reason is that I don't see any way to filter a search for only certain books, some sellers place several books in one picture and that makes it almost impossible.

I just made my headache worst.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@sportshort Nah, you will figure out who you DO and who you DO NOT like their selling formats and follow those that you DO so that the algorithm will filter out people you do NOT want to buy from.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I was wrong, it is possible for my head to hurt more.

@Masochism, I dig most technology but social media has had no appeal to me so that makes it harder. but now it has an appeal since I can find comics but i've only seen overpriced comics so that means I need to work harder to find what i'm looking for, hence my problem. I will try the sellers you mentioned above and see how I feel afterwards. thanks.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks Masochism! Great advice!
Post 10 IP   flag post
601201 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?