Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Modern Newsstands 2001-2017 sightings or collections13241

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I could keep going but it's too many to upload lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Those are both direct edition comics. DC always gives me a hard time. Marvel usually always has the barcode and direct edition across one of the barcode edges. For DC not always. DC books newsstand and direct edition distinctions can be seen here

The smaller portion of the barcode is thinner with less numbers.

To add this this. I’ve noticed the same on some marvel books. the last digits “02911” will indicate the issue number “029” and the variant “11” (indicating print # and variant) on direct editions.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke keep them coming
Post 28 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
A few more. Like @kaptainmyke I’ve got many more. These are almost all the graded examples. A couple aren’t available yet.

Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post

Post 33 IP   flag post

Post 34 IP   flag post

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post

Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post
1st appearance of Pandapool. As ridiculous as it sounds

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
There is still 1 comic book at news stands in Australia. Pick this off the rack when I was there in 2019. Did something I've not done for over 2 decades at a newsagents. Rifled thru a stack of the same issue to pick the nicest one.

Frew Phantoms has to be one of the longest titles published where they haven't broken the issue numbers.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see the day when both companies would adopt the newsstand variant designation for later printed comics. This X-Force #1 was printed in 2008 and also has a price variation. Direct markets copies have a $2.99 cover price, so this issue has 2 different variations that could be noted on the label.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I wish my copy was as nice. I'm wondering if there is a newsstand bloody cover of this issue.

Post 45 IP   flag post
1st appearance of Hush

1st appearance of Winter Soldier

1st appearance of Daken

Post 46 IP   flag post
New pick up

Post 47 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have two raw copies of this issue (and one graded) and just noticed that this one was different than the other two.

Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post
Some Jessica Cruz books

Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
More Jessica Cruz

Post 52 IP   flag post
It will be interesting to see where this one ends.

Post 53 IP   flag post

Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh - Nice, I see CGC is starting to state newsstand edition on some of those slabs. My question is, why is it not stated on all of them (since most are consecutive numbers)?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600646 178 30