Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New & Old to your collection Newstands 1977-2000 - part 313240

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have the book in my possession yet, but I have a general question. I bought a FF annual 2 and it's supposed to be a CPV, the price on cover looks same as usa copy but the back cover is completely blank. Is that correct? My copy is coming from mycomicshop.com so I'm assuming they know the difference....
Post 176 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I don't have the book in my possession yet, but I have a general question. I bought a FF annual 2 and it's supposed to be a CPV, the price on cover looks same as usa copy but the back cover is completely blank. Is that correct? My copy is coming from mycomicshop.com so I'm assuming they know the difference....

That sounds about right. I want to say it will have something on the back cover, and the interiors of the front and back covers will be blank. That's how I remember JIM Annual 1, and X-Men #13.
Post 177 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I read interior covers were blank somewhere else as well, but the picture they have on the website is blank on outside. I thought it was sn error in scanning the book.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Yep back cover will be blank for this old school CPV. Post the bad boy when you get it. That's a heck of a pickup
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Hcanes

Frankly it's quite low in grade but I had birthday giftcards to mcs and wanted to expand my doom covers.... I figured might as well make it special by getting only CPV they had and for some reason was cheaper than the usa variant....
Post 180 IP   flag post

Pulled some NM dollar bin fodder out. Some are nice. The Venom was a dollar bin reject but in reality, it should have been in the dollar bin since there are a billion of these bitches floating around.

Post 181 IP   flag post
Happy with early 40yr old newsies in 9.4

And a raw to enjoy.

I shared this one already in the new to your collection thread

Post 182 IP   flag post
I believe both captain America books are Canadian

Post 183 IP   flag post
@Bronte indeed. Nice pick up
Post 184 IP   flag post
Dollar bin rags

Post 185 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 186 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley you're rich with all those Darkhawks
Post 187 IP   flag post
A pair of Canadians.

1st app of Booster Gold with the hideous rivets

Swampie with cgc oil slicks.

Post 188 IP   flag post

Post 189 IP   flag post
@Bronte nice CPV
Post 190 IP   flag post

Post 191 IP   flag post
Picked some up in the back issue bins while filling some runs and trying new things.

Post 192 IP   flag post
Post 193 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Just got these back fro CCG today. Was hoping they would have added Newsstand to the label as that was to start 9/26.

Also both cases have some debris in them, and one is damaged.

So they’ll go back, but at least I finally got my 9.8 in this book!

In my opinion, this is top 5 transformers key books. Right up there with issue 1 (US and UK), Issue 8 and 80. Transformers UK 133 is up there too, but not because of a transformer though (Deaths Head).

@Studley_Dudley Curious if you have added this to your transformers run?
Post 194 IP   flag post
@Drogio I do have the the movie series. I think my #3 is the only newsstand copy I have for it. Nice books.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Here's, I believe, a 1975 Newsstand pic.
Off topic sorta, but cool to look at these older vintage pics of all these cool comics.

Post 196 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I may have posted these.

Post 197 IP   flag post
Got this at one of the CGC signing's with Todd McFarlane at NYCC. A little over a month with pressing and grading.

It was a PGX 9.6 so it coming back a 9.4 isnt so bad.

Post 198 IP   flag post
Pulled a bunch of mega keys out of the dollar bins.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Bump to avoid the archives
Post 200 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I don't really care about news stand books overmuch, but I do have these. Not many X-books in my collection these days, but these are keepers.
Post 201 IP   flag post
First time at the LCS in a bit. Found some newsstands. Mostly just pick these up from the dollar bins as trade bait for bar code collectors but it is nice to see some of these in higher grade condition.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Canadian

Post 203 IP   flag post
No keys required in this collection.

Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post
597964 245 30