Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New & Old to your collection Newstands 1977-2000 - part 313240

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Canadian newsstand variant supposedly

Post 151 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I don't believe I've seen a DE before #53 so I won't count anything before that. #100 is a CPV.

Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Canadian newsstand variant supposedly

That looks like a really nice CPV. Are you sending it in for grading?
Post 153 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley
Yes. I know those sounds odd but I really like killawog (sp?)
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte that is a nice book and in my experience hunting for a CPV or even newstand, tough in high grade due to the abundance of white on the cover. My CPV came back either a 9.2 or 9.4 I cant remember off hand. Yours looks muchnicer. Let us know 2-6 months from now what the grade turns out to be.
Post 155 IP   flag post

@Hcanes

Thank you

It is currently being sent to be pressed so 6 months seems like a wishful thinking. I'll let you know when I get it but I'm thinking 1 year to 1.5
Post 156 IP   flag post
@Bronte If it makes you feel any better I have had a UF 4 that was sent to pressing back in May of 2021 only to later be sent to CFP. He had such a backlog it only now got to where it needs to be a few months ago. I'll be surprised I get it before October.
Post 157 IP   flag post
I believe this to be s CPV as well

Post 158 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Yes, it is. Regular issue had a 60-cent cover price.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Some of the more recent editions.

Post 160 IP   flag post
Some random finds from my adventures in the LCS. Dazzler #41 is a CPV and it was a bitch to find. I had to buy a few other Dazzler CPV books which I already owned to get this one and none were listed as CPVs.

Post 161 IP   flag post
Nomad was one of those books that just screamed 90s.

Long glam band hair - check
Big Oakleys - check
Leather Duster - triple check
Post 162 IP   flag post
Iceman's belt must have been Liefeld's contribution to the cover.

It's taken me a while to find this one in newsstand. Not the best grade, but only one I've seen in a few years of searching.

Post 163 IP   flag post
Some newer ones from the past couple of weeks. Some Canadian Thing and Dazzler books.

Some weak-ass US-priced newsstands.

Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Some weak-ass US-priced newsstands.

😂😂😂
Post 165 IP   flag post

Post 166 IP   flag post
Erik Larsen had some underrated spidey covers
Post 167 IP   flag post

Post 168 IP   flag post
Saved this from the dollar bin. The 4 color breaking spine ticks, 😬.

Post 169 IP   flag post
Another newsstand price variant from our neighbors up North.

1st appearance of Boom Boom or whatever Hickman is calling her these days.

Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Another newsstand price variant from our neighbors up North.

1st appearance of Boom Boom or whatever Hickman is calling her these days.

That's a damn good looking copy.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Paid $70 a few years ago.

Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Paid $70 a few years ago.

@Gaard money well spent IMO. Looks at all those dorito chip feet
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

That's a damn good looking copy.

@Studley_Dudley appreciate it. It could use a visit to a good pancake maker, but definitely NM- as is
Post 174 IP   flag post
90s drek. Let's add any combination of Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Wolverine to sell units. Bonus if it's all 3.

Post 175 IP   flag post
I don't have the book in my possession yet, but I have a general question. I bought a FF annual 2 and it's supposed to be a CPV, the price on cover looks same as usa copy but the back cover is completely blank. Is that correct? My copy is coming from mycomicshop.com so I'm assuming they know the difference....
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
I don't have the book in my possession yet, but I have a general question. I bought a FF annual 2 and it's supposed to be a CPV, the price on cover looks same as usa copy but the back cover is completely blank. Is that correct? My copy is coming from mycomicshop.com so I'm assuming they know the difference....

That sounds about right. I want to say it will have something on the back cover, and the interiors of the front and back covers will be blank. That's how I remember JIM Annual 1, and X-Men #13.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Yeah I read interior covers were blank somewhere else as well, but the picture they have on the website is blank on outside. I thought it was sn error in scanning the book.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yep back cover will be blank for this old school CPV. Post the bad boy when you get it. That's a heck of a pickup
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Hcanes

Frankly it's quite low in grade but I had birthday giftcards to mcs and wanted to expand my doom covers.... I figured might as well make it special by getting only CPV they had and for some reason was cheaper than the usa variant....
Post 180 IP   flag post
600916 246 30