Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesComics Modern AgePop Culture

Last ronin13239

Collector Anthony79845 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone first time on this forum
I was just wondering what everyone else is using for the tmnt last ronin book that just came out (bags & boards)
I have mine in a magazine size bag and board I’m not really feeling the appearance has anyone else found other ways to bag and board the book
Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Stuck with mag size for now. Maybe BCW has some top loader options. I personally haven really looked into it as it likely just end up graded.

Welcome!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
Golden age could work. Extra boards if you get the thick bags to fill out better.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've got some odd sized foreign comics. I just cut the board down and then fold and tape the bag to fit it snugly.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O that’s a great idea what kind of bags and boards do you use ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Anthony79845 I just use BCW resealable bags. For larger ones, I use golden age or magazine sized. I'm not sure of the brand on the magazine ones.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
I acquired a copy of the 1 in 10 variant, and golden age bags work great. The flap barely makes is over
completely to the back. Also, can cgc grade these books since they are a little oversized?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision6797
I acquired a copy of the 1 in 10 variant, and golden age bags work great. The flap barely makes is over
completely to the back. Also, can cbcs grade these books since they are a little oversized?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I have mine in magazine bags and boards.

I thought I had the perfect solution when I put one into a top loader but the top of the book was just barely too tall to fit perfectly.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@vision6797 I’m not to sure about cbcs I’ve never seeing any oversized comics graded in there slabs But cgc probably will they do the magazine size books I wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t do last ronin I’ve seen pre orders for cgc 9.8 on eBay I’m going to have to get some golden age bags and try that out though !
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos I feel you on that I was hoping that would work too I wonder if they make those archival bags with no flaps in a size that’s close to the book
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I sold 2 ASHCan's for $90 a piece. I had to cut 2 magazine size boards (with bags duh) and put them together when I shipped them.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I ended up using a golden age bag and cutting 1 inch off a Magazine size board and the book looks nice in this bag and it fits in my short box 😎
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Anthony beat me to it. Use a golden age bag and a magazine board. Cut about an inch off of the magazine board. Fit's great.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector bigcontracts private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys, new around here... I went back and scooped a Last Ronin #1 regular cover.

Anyone going for the whole run and then grade them? I just went ahead and pre-ordered #2.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@bigcontracts, seems like a cool story, I’m in. As for grading, CBCS magazine size cases are #soon

Welcome to the board btw!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@bigcontracts I’ll be picking up the whole run it’s on my pull list so far so good
Might pick up the 2nd print of #1 for a reader copy
Idk anyone else but I was reading the book real careful trying not to open it and get that crease on the spine lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector bigcontracts private msg quote post Address this user
@Anthony79845 that's what I did too. I grabbed an extra #1 (reprint) to actually read haha. One to grade, one to read.
Post 18 IP   flag post
597867 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?