Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Cardboard... and lots of it... matter of fact you could say I hit a honey hole. I think I'm officially old when I get excited about large, good quality pieces of cardboard.
Post 201 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips

The cardboard is from new furnaces. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Post 202 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
These came in the mail today:

Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@BrianGreensnips

The cardboard is from new furnaces. ๐Ÿ˜‰
That's cool. They usually have some thick cardboard on them. I use the cardboard from all the stuff my wife buys.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Plan to add this to my first CBCS submission. Hoping for a verified ~9.0.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew

Plan to add this to my first CBCS submission. Hoping for a verified ~9.0.
whoa, never seen that one.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

If anybody is a Dan Jurgens fan, PM me. Tis the season... ho cubed.
Post 207 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad we have the same problem.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received my first GA Cap and it's pretty exciting! Thinking about getting re-holdered in the new slab

Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew The sig placement is perfect. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Post 210 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1 - Hell yeah, get it re-slabbed. Not just for the new holder, but that label is ugly.

Congratulations!
Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
@HeinzDad we have the same problem.
Iโ€™m just some guy but that looks good to me.
Post 212 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Received a nice box of slabs today, as a trade and cash deal months in the making came to fruition. Big shout out and much thanks to @Scifinator for working this out with me!

A couple of ASM's to add to my run:

Nice Grab on the Spidey books Ed, but it was the space Ghost book that really stole the show. Im Jelly on that book.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Dutch Punisher

Post 214 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia you have a heck of a asm129 collection, live seeing all the different versions
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@AndyRexia you have a heck of a asm129 collection, live seeing all the different versions

Thank you. I'm still missing a bunch. Some of them are extremely rare too. The hunt is quite fun.
Post 216 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 - Thanks, John. As a kid growing up in the 1960's and 1970's, Saturday morning cartoons were a big part of my childhood. For me, that book is pure nostalgia, literally a time machine back to simpler times.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Woo-hoo! Sorry about redundant postings, but I'm kinda jazzed about this'n!

Just snagged this grail, intro courtesy of Scott McKenzie (different video at least)...

Post 218 IP   flag post
What a beauty, @CatmanAmerica. Congratulations.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@Helric1 - Hell yeah, get it re-slabbed. Not just for the new holder, but that label is ugly.

Congratulations!

Thanks! I used to not be bothered by the labels. I feel like I don't see the rivet ones too often these days but now when I do I really hate them
Post 220 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these 2 up at Frank & Son's collectible Show (City of Industry, Ca) from one of the booths, nice owner Leo (in case any of you live nearby). Picked these up just because they looked good and were at a good price (sometimes you don't need a better reason).

Brave and the bold 102

Wonder Woman 182

Post 221 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort how long did it take you to get in to frank n sons. it's been taking me an hour in line
Post 222 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66, I usually get there at 8:15 or so and then get in when they open at 9. I donโ€™t mind getting there early I prefer being in the first group. There was a block long line when I left a couple of hours later.
Post 223 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@BigRedOne1944 - Thanks, John. As a kid growing up in the 1960's and 1970's, Saturday morning cartoons were a big part of my childhood. For me, that book is pure nostalgia, literally a time machine back to simpler times.

@esaravo

Indeed the Saturday Morning cartoon ritual was a special thing, and Space Ghost was surely a big part of that!

Johnny Quest, Super Friends, Scooby Doo, Blue Falcon and many others where everything a kid of that time could ever hope for. Good times indeed.

Sorry I screwed up my earlier quote that didn't picture your Space Ghost Book.
SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOOOOSSST!

Post 224 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Prices for 168 had fallen and I hoped to grab a 9.6/9.8 but then with everything going on in the current run of Daredevil, prices picked up again.

This was a decent consolation prize. Mark Jewelers insert at no premium.

Post 225 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Always loved this cover! White pages too for a 1947 book!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Checked out one of my lcs today.

Picked up this book I've been hunting for 15 years. I'm a big dr who fan since I was a kid growing up in Australia.

Checked out the owners many 50c boxes. Only went thru 4 before I better not take much time.
Picked these up.

Swung past bartels and picked up a Mad.
Tend to do that once a year.

๐Ÿ‘
Post 227 IP   flag post
Just purchased another one of these. This one Iโ€™ll grade & keep for my personal collection. Hard to believe what these sell for in the package now. A few years ago, they were $30-$40 each.
Oh, well.

I still have one Iโ€™ll be keeping in the package that a boardie was kind enough to sell to me.

Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Woo-hoo! Sorry about redundant postings, but I'm kinda jazzed about this'n!

Just snagged this grail, intro courtesy of Scott McKenzie (different video at least)...

Cat, that is INSANE! Congrats!!
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
One Hitler cover to another, an early Pulp Hitler cover by the legendary Norman Saunders. This one predates comic book Hitler covers
Post 230 IP   flag post
598060 999 30