Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Nice pickup!
Post 101 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@sportshort Happy Birthday. Great Kaluta cover! I believe this is the 1st time Batman and the Shadow meet in a comic.

Thanks Buddy. According to MCS, it is. I will need to figure out how to read the story without cracking the book out. Any ideas?
Post 102 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Make sure you have your antivirus up to date, but this seems reasonable.

http://readallcomics.com/batman-v1-253/
Post 103 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Make sure you have your antivirus up to date, but this seems reasonable.

http://readallcomics.com/batman-v1-253/

Awesome @Bronte, I will read it in the next day or two when it's not my birthday and won't smear cake all over they keys. Your'e the best, thanks.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort buy a beater copy to read. I have a real nice one that I hope to get graded eventually. If mine was a beater, I would send it to you.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@sportshort buy a beater copy to read. I have a real nice one that I hope to get graded eventually. If mine was a beater, I would send it to you.

Can we pretend? Kidding @Bronte's link seems to be the real deal and I guess I get to put the Chromebook's "no virus infects it" selling feature to the test. Thanks though.
Post 106 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan thank you
Post 107 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Happy Birthday Ruben. Hope it was a great day for you
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@sportshort Happy Birthday Ruben. Hope it was a great day for you

Got a free lunch, cake for dinner, a great comic and some toys, what's not to like.

Thanks, appreciate the Birthday wishes and BTW congrats on the pick-up.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Happy Birthday buddy! That's a nice gift to get from a spouse for your birthday. Always nice to get signs from our spouses that they are cool with our hobby.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

mail call. More of a key because of Franklin Richard than annihlus. Still a double key

@Batman66 That book is so uncommon in high grade. 6-7 years ago when they were $20-$50 I used to hunt that book down on Ebay and at conventions. I think I've had 8 copies graded and most were 4.5-5.5, the highest I ever got was an 8.0. I held onto a 7.0.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@Poka showed this book recently and it sent me looking for more information. Before anyone gets too excited, this is not the original which might be $5K or more in this condition. This is the reprint from the 70's, just over 20 bucks. Unfortunately the interior is black and white which is disappointing as I actually appreciate seeing the color choices of the 40's at least as much as the artwork:

Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail

Got this guitar pedal in last month with a comic cover art

Post 113 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back today! Not enough for a new Mail Call thread but still awesome! Based on the famous "Partners" Statue

Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I had a few of those that I got in a collection I purchased. Not that specific issue, but a few others. I think they are called Flashback or something like that.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller, thank you sir. Always grateful for any signs from the wife that she’s willing to put up with me.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
This one I am particularly excited about. The country of origin no longer exists. That fact alone makes the book that much cooler in my opinion. Not to mention it's in excellent condition. Franks's first appearance in Yugoslavia. Purchased a couple of hours ago. Hopefully won't take too long to get here.

Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
This one I am particularly excited about. The country of origin no longer exists. That fact alone makes the book that much cooler in my opinion. Not to mention it's in excellent condition. Franks's first appearance in Yugoslavia. Purchased a couple of hours ago. Hopefully won't take too long to get here.

That’s an awesome purchase. Congrats!
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Great book anytime I see a Silver Age or older book with White Pages it makes me smile.
I'm currently having a hard time growing my collection because I'm picky about wanting only WP books.
Post 119 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @Murmonster.

In books that old (SA or really even BA), I'm ok with OW/W pages, too. I tend to avoid straight up OW pages and don't buy any book with a page quality below that.
Post 120 IP   flag post
@sportshort thanks!
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Sounds like a good thread to start " What's your desired page quality?"
I would think some like you and me have minimums and some don't care or even pay attention to it.
Post 122 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I bet you're right, @Murmonster. 👍
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in! Thanks to Nobelbeast for the Chillers #1

Post 124 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
5qty venom 21
2qty venom 27

If anybody is looking to trade, let me know

Post 125 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia you're on a roll!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Couple more UXM CPVs knocked off the list.

Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm soooooooooo excited about this Wizard!

Post 128 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some books at my local today

Picked this up as I have the original art piece from the Sub-mariner story.

And picked up some other books for fun.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@AndyRexia you're on a roll!

It's very addicting. I'm currently looking at an Italian set and trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger lol.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600838 999 30