Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Maritimer - What great covers, Glenn! Don't forget Adventure Comics #295 has Bizarro-Titano. I think I have a spare copy if you need it for the trifecta.

Thanks Ed! I'll keep that in mind. Picked up the 127 on Saturday at the collectables store I frequent, I've been eyeing it for some time finally pulled the trigger! The owner has a few more Silver age Supes gems and is currently organizing and pricing all his books starting with 'S'. He says he has 25 long boxes he is getting ready. I'll post them here as I snag them!
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
If he throws up any Lois lane or Jimmy Olsen give me a shout, a few books in those runs I hoard, like the Kirby issues in Olsen and the New gods material that crosses into Lois lane beginning with 111. Also on the market for a nice high grade copy of Lois Lane 47 because I like the cover
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 978 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these two in today

Swamp Thing 7

Swamp Thing 9

Post 979 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 thanks, I met up with a local guy who's selling off his collection. Fair prices and great books. I paid 250 for the whole set. I thought that was more than fair. Picked this up from him this weekend
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
These are some of my recent pick ups. Special thanks to Doc_Cop for the raw books and the Wolverine #10 slab. Can't recommend him highly enough as a seller!

Post 981 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
From the @esaravo collection

Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 983 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you to @Flanders for pointing this book out

Post 984 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte you're welcome. I hope it continues to go up in value.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Received my BRZRKR incentive covers by Grandpa and Brooks today.

Post 986 IP   flag post
Flash grade suggests perhaps 5.5? even at that the book scores 700 GPA

(x men 94 above)
Post 987 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The mailman was nice enough to deliver a birthday present - the ASM #23 that I won in an auction last weekend.

Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I picked all these up about 10 days ago. I finally had a chance to look at them closer. I had to remove all the nasty old bags and boards. A slight odor is present. Any suggestions on how to minimize the odors. I am keeping them all out of bags until then. Here are the Marvel books.

Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the DC books. I was hoping for a JK signature but no luck.

Post 990 IP   flag post
I would put them in a closed container with a bowl of baking soda in the container with it. (Not touching just sharing same box to see if it can pull odors away....)
Post 991 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I would put them in a closed container with a bowl of baking soda in the container with it. (Not touching just sharing same box to see if it can pull odors away....)

I've heard using a dryer sheet (like Bounce) sharing the same enclosed space (not touching) works as well.
Post 992 IP   flag post
per a previous thread of mine, the mico chamber paper is well known for smell removal
Post 993 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up these low grade lovelies off a Facebook group, all duplicates but for the price I couldn't pass on them. I got my bone 1 back from my presser. I think I did great for 600 for the book, it will easily come back a 9.0+
Post 994 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 You probably know what you want to do with them, but I've found that the CBCS raw grade makes those beat up old books liquid again. I believe for pre-1975 it's $15 before applying any of the monthly discounts. That Bone book looks like something cool to own. Great colors.
Post 995 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 996 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
A variety pack of arrivals for this fun Friday.

Post 997 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 How did you find the Justice League 21? That's awfully nice, can't find anything raw that nice on Ebay or MCS.
Post 998 IP   flag post
Considering that a Neal Adams signature costs $50, double verification costs like $40 and a 7.5 of this book just sold for over $100...I was surprised to find this Aragones and Adams signed cool cover at MCS for $120:

I guess I'm kind of a signature collector now because I grabbed this when I saw it offered on Ebay for half the price of the last signed 9.6. This is one of the few signatures that I actually wish was on the cover of the comic. Some are going to say to re-holder but I think I'm going to stick with the red label here:

Post 999 IP   flag post
598068 999 24