Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Some of the comics I got from MCS today. All preorders.

Post 951 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
And yes, my tablet SUCKS at taking pictures. I'm going to be getting a cheap camera and building a light box soon.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Continuing the Marvel ‘68 kick I’ve been on lately.

Post 953 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought these were kinda cool.
Just received today.
Spawn 10 variant covers from a Kickstarter. Limited to 650 copies.

Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim that would look great with the yellow label.
Post 955 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received my first comic from the World Famous Ed Saravo Rhode Island Collection. I appreciate the great book with a perfect wrap and the careful packaging. Thanks @esaravo!

Post 956 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I received my first comic from the World Famous Ed Saravo Rhode Island Collection. I appreciate the great book with a perfect wrap and the careful packaging. Thanks @esaravo!

@flanders When I got back into comic books (maybe 2001ish?) the first thing I did was hunt down on Ebay all the issues of the 1968 SHIELD series. I can't say why exactly except that I always loved Nick Fury's costume and those Steranko covers had been burned into my brain from Comic Cons in the early 80's. It was also very affordable, I'm sure I didn't spend more than $200 putting the whole series together. Cover #2 is one of my favorites, I think I like #3 a little bit more.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Recently won in a raffle.

Post 958 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just back from grading:

This one was a $20 pickup at a local Con maybe two years ago. A press did it better than expected. This is staying in my personal collection since I traded away my 2nd print towards the AF 15.

This one I’m happy to report is the highest graded Blue label copy between both CGC & CBCS (there’s an 8.5 yellow label out there). I’ve got it on fee-bay for a “I don’t wanna sell it” price. Again, I gave up my TOS 39 in trade for the AF 15, so, it makes this one even tougher to let go.

I found the way CGC labeled it to be confusing. It’s “Sinister Tales 23”, which is clear on the cover. But they chose to put “Tales of Suspense 39” in larger letters (which it’s a reprint of, of course). With the actual title as a footnote.

Then, this one too is up on fee-bay for a “I don’t wanna sell it” price. I was shocked by the grade here, too.

Post 959 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from @enelson from his sales thread. If you haven’t bought from him please do it’s for a great cause.

Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Spider-Man: Red, White and Blue. Carnage: Black, White and Blood!
Post 961 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just back from CBCS!

Also finally got the Graphitti Designs edition of Guardian Devil!

Post 962 IP   flag post
This low grade beauty, a purchase from @MatterEaterLad, arrived today.

The wife was blown away. Now the earliest WW book in her collection.

Post 963 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Crack press and resubmit for this beauty
Post 964 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Just back from CBCS!

Also finally got the Graphitti Designs edition of Guardian Devil!

Where's the HellBlazer?
Post 965 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
That one only got to CBCS a week or two ago. This one got there a month or two ago
Post 966 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these both up from @guaranteedcomics the Forever People 1 is mine and the Star Wars 1 is my sons.

Post 967 IP   flag post
Just cuz I hadn’t seen it before, I ordered this French comic that reprints TOS 52 & a couple more origin stories.

Post 968 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

The Swamp Things are awesome!

Im still looking to pick up Issue #24 (the last in the run) to complete my Swamp Thing run.
Post 969 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

@Bronte Thats such a great Spidey cover
Post 970 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Beautiful book! You can never go wrong with a book from the Ed Saravo collection.
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!!!
🔥Brzrkr #1 foil variants
🔥Radiant Black #1 2nd print
🔥Proctor Valley Road #1
🔥Totally Awesome Hulk #15
🔥Skaar Son of Hulk #7 2nd print
🔥Skaar Son of Hulk #7 variant!

Post 972 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
1st appearance and origin of Titano the giant ape with Green K vision. Delightful silver age silliness.

And kind of keeping with the theme...

Post 973 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Maritimer - What great covers, Glenn! Don't forget Adventure Comics #295 has Bizarro-Titano. I think I have a spare copy if you need it for the trifecta.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 975 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Maritimer - What great covers, Glenn! Don't forget Adventure Comics #295 has Bizarro-Titano. I think I have a spare copy if you need it for the trifecta.

Thanks Ed! I'll keep that in mind. Picked up the 127 on Saturday at the collectables store I frequent, I've been eyeing it for some time finally pulled the trigger! The owner has a few more Silver age Supes gems and is currently organizing and pricing all his books starting with 'S'. He says he has 25 long boxes he is getting ready. I'll post them here as I snag them!
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
If he throws up any Lois lane or Jimmy Olsen give me a shout, a few books in those runs I hoard, like the Kirby issues in Olsen and the New gods material that crosses into Lois lane beginning with 111. Also on the market for a nice high grade copy of Lois Lane 47 because I like the cover
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 978 IP   flag post
Got these two in today

Swamp Thing 7

Swamp Thing 9

Post 979 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 thanks, I met up with a local guy who's selling off his collection. Fair prices and great books. I paid 250 for the whole set. I thought that was more than fair. Picked this up from him this weekend
Post 980 IP   flag post
601281 999 30