Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Just got these. There are vintage labels on the bags for the Spideys. Looks like a custom comic bag sealer from the 70’s or 80’s maybe earlier.

These books had cobwebs on them I have a feeling they have been sitting hidden away for decades. I got 18 as well and a few silver age FF’s.

That looks like it is from the former "Talking Illustrations" comic store in New Westminster. It closed after the owner passed away in 2010.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in the process of inventorying and getting a rough grade on every book in my collection to sell or trade it all away.

I came across an item I simply can’t find any information on. I know it’s worth a lot, but I can’t find any historical sales info on it.

Dark horse 3 comic blister pack with a newsstand heir to the empire 1, a droids embossed cover #1 variant and a third comic that I can’t see. Very thick plastic blister pack. Comics are in outstanding shape.

Anyone know what the third comic was? Think I should crack out and press/grade or leave it as is? If so, what kind of value to assign it?

Post 902 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You have to find out what that last book is before submitting so I would say go ahead and open it.
Post 903 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

didnt know this came in today, an original from another board member who drew it, Eddie Rodriguez. The man has talent. Just love this cover
Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Just got these. There are vintage labels on the bags for the Spideys. Looks like a custom comic bag sealer from the 70’s or 80’s maybe earlier.

These books had cobwebs on them I have a feeling they have been sitting hidden away for decades. I got 18 as well and a few silver age FF’s.

That looks like it is from r bagsthe former "Talking Illustrations" comic store in New Westminster. It closed after the owner passed away in 2010.

Thank you, I had never heard of it before. It sounded as if it was around for a long time. I’d never seen a shop that had produced their own seals for bags but it makes sense.

Best.
Post 905 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster thanks
Post 906 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 907 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

bought these from an OfferUp ad. Great deal, I'll be going back for more. The dead world 10 was a eBay win, first crow ad.

@Batman66, You're a very dangerous man. Congrats!
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user

Two random pickups today. An upgrade on my even more beat up copy of FF48.
Post 909 IP   flag post
Just arrived today, a few white page beauties. I bought these from board member Cgroc09. Paul is an awesome seller. Very happy with all the books I purchased from him. He packs the books like a pro. I high recommend buying from him, thanks again Paul.

Post 910 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Everybody has always loved that X-men 50 cover, but I can't tell you how much the X-men 49 cover has grown on me in the last year or two.
Post 911 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I totally agree. Last issue with the old label. Wife and I love the 56 cover. No idea why it's only a 9.2. Letting you know the San Fernando comic con Sunday the 28th
Post 912 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Any particular reason why The Crow is gaining in popularity these days? And is he the same guy who used to sing for The Cure?

Post 913 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 914 IP   flag post

Post 915 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Any particular reason why The Crow is gaining in popularity these days? And is he the same guy who used to sing for The Cure?

are you sure that's not Sean penn in drag
Post 916 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That’s exactly what I thought!!!!
Post 917 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this up today from my lcs.
The price on the mylar isn't what I paid.

Been after this book for years, not a high grade copy. A copy that doesn't have a brown age border.
Not a classic cover,
But a classic cover for me in it's simplistic execution and blue background 👍
Post 918 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Quote:
Quote:

Same
Post 919 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
FYI...

EDITORIALS‘The Crow’: Cliff Dorfman and F. Javier Gutierrez Resurrect the Reboot That Never Took Flight [Phantom Limbs]Published 8 hours ago on March 19, 2021
clickable text

Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Received today in flawless transaction with @doc_cop

Just won this gorgeous statue below in a raffle. To be in hand soon.

Post 921 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally back in after taking a year off buying and selling comics last year for stock market. Good to b backb
Post 922 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in the mail the other day from @Enelson with help from @Bronte. The only thing better than talking comics on the forum are the numerous friendships that I have been so lucky to have made here over the years. Both these guys are awesome! Thanks guys.

Front cover:

Back cover:

Post 923 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The weather was beautiful today in RI (60 degrees!), so I took the wife for a nice ride to CT where we walked around a bit and visited an antique shop. She picked up some fancy embroidered border material (looked like white ribbon to me) and I found some comics there too. I tried to stop myself, but HAD to buy something, and these looked interesting (how am I ever going to own fewer books if I keep buying more?).

They even had a few slabs, and I had always been interested in this one.

Nothing too special here, but some nice covers, including a Steranko and one by Bolland (yes, I already have the X-Men).

Post 924 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Quote:
Quote:

Same

That actually is Sean Penn.
https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/sean-penn-photographed-lipstick-big-hair-retired-rocker-set-place-article-1.201908
Post 925 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Not new to the collection, but recently split a 9.8 prescreen with a friend, I went 11/15, here are some of the highlights

Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Batfan77 private msg quote post Address this user
The last 2 additions I made. Have a couple more on the way to.

Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this for $30 shipped I believe. Now I have two.

Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!!!
🔥The Devils Rejects #1
🔥Halloween Nightdance #4
🔥Halloween Nightdance #3
🔥Halloween Nightdance #1
Cover by Bill Sienkiewicz
ANYBODY ELSE READY FOR HALLOWEEN!?!?!?🎃👻

Post 930 IP   flag post
601329 999 30