Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Hot off the FedEx truck...

That is a really nice copy!

Any guesses on what it will grade?

My guess is a 9? Maybe 9.4, unless I'm missing something (and I might very well be.)

Thanks, @Jabberwookie.

After just a quick check of it, I'm thinking about a 9.2 as is. Hopefully higher, but I'm happy with it either way.
Post 826 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today from a dealer friend of mine. The New Mutants #86 has what may or may not be a McFarlane sig in the Spidey box. I'm not really an autograph guy, but assuming it's legit, that's kind of cool.

Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

kind of new to the collection. I pulled (saved) this from one of my $3. show boxes. First full appearance Calvin Ellis.
Post 828 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two minor ASM keys arrived in today's mail:

Post 829 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Courtesy of @Enelson's sales thread. Sometimes I don't know I need something until I see it.

Post 830 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cody love that ff6, what other ff issues did your lcs have left anyway
Post 831 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these two up, first appearance of Onslaught and Onslaught’s identity revealed. The latter has a few more condition issues than I’d like but I might upgrade in the near future or just forget about it once I get the holofoil cover

Post 832 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I just won this at auction. A nothing book as far as value, but it’s the only one I was missing. I now have the full run.

This series holds a special place for me. It’s one of the first comics I ever read, all because my best friend growing up inherited a few issues from his Dad, including #1.

Post 833 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 835 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Received these back from the Vintage20 Promotion back in October 2020:

Post 836 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
A pair of auction wins. I love that Strange Adventures cover!

Post 837 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim books with sentimental meaning are always the best!
Post 838 IP   flag post
Just made a deal on this. Paid about $100 more than I wanted to, but it’s not something you see every day. Especially from 1947.

Post 839 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just made a deal on this. Paid about $100 more than I wanted to, but it’s not something you see every day. Especially from 1947.

WOW!!! A 9.8! Nice score!
Post 840 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

I just realized that score, too!

Wow!! Not bad for a 74 year old book!
Post 841 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@00slim

I just realized that score, too!

Wow!! Not bad for a 74 year old book!

What makes this even more amazing is that this book was given away with cereal. 🙂
Post 842 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

@Ed - Sweet copy.

I used to have 3 raw copies,... 6.0, 7.0 and 9.0/9.2. Wish I had kept the latter.
Post 843 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
This was supposed to come out last March, but got delayed due to what's been going on. I forgot all about this from Midtown since the other place I preordered canceled the pre order a few months after it's original release.

Hype has driven the ridiculous after market pricing on this book.

Post 844 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Predates Space Jam by over 40 years
Post 845 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

TERRIFIC! They changed the artwork a little...no bridge.

mm
Post 846 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:

mm

Very Cool!!!!!
Post 847 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:

mm

Now I have to get the original cover as a companion piece. 😃
Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
The 2nd print #111 i believe is the only 9.8.

Post 849 IP   flag post
This one just came in today. It's my first Art Label. I chose not to get it graded since the artist pulled the staples without telling me first. I'm not a big stickler for grades but I thought that was too big of an unnecessary grade hit

Post 850 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

local comic store pickup, got them for a great price
Post 851 IP   flag post

ebay auction win #1
Post 852 IP   flag post

eBay win 2, nice little lot, very happy to get the first Ted cord blue beetle. Manufacturing error with the interior pages. Was thinking of trying to tuck the folds back inside and get it pressed. But not bad for 60$ for the lot
Post 853 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Do you think he popped the staples to lay the cover flat while drawing the wraparound cover?

Either way, he should have asked if that would be okay.
Post 854 IP   flag post
@00slim I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It just really caught me off guard since he's done 2 other wraparound covers for me and this is the first time it's happened.
Post 855 IP   flag post
600643 999 30