Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I put off posting in this thread until the page arrived because I didn't want to double dip after posting in the OA thread.

Just arrived today from the Netherlands- Splash Page for FF: World's Greatest Comics Magazine #10 by Ron Frenz & Mike Royer.. I wish some domestic transactions went as smooth and quickly as this one did.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.

Oh how a press wants to touch those books inappropriately. Great pick ups!
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew Thanks. Yeah, everything needs a little touchup. So many on my list right now. They will eventually get done. Everything is in really good shape, though.
The horror comics I found at a completely kick ass oddities/antique store during a trip up to Dallas a few weeks ago.
The Detective and ASMs were courtesy of @joelzstuff
The Hulk was from a LCS doing a Facebook Live sale.
Post 804 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i was looking through some booksI keep in a storage shed and I found this I didn't know I had. My brother found some coverless comics at a yard sake. I knew there was a Batman 189 in it but a Batman 181 as well.
Post 805 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got my monthly MCS mail call today. Here are some comics I got.

Here are the preorders-

And, because Santa was nice to me, I got some of my cover theme books. They were all cheap, but I like the subject matter.

First up, snake/human hybrids-

Execution scenes-

The rest are just ones I found with cool covers that I have wanted for some time. The "Lady Cop" one came in to MCS just as I was looking at comics. That one had been on my list for years.

Post 806 IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user

Any Saga fans? Just picked up 1-10 signed by Fiona Staples. Not sure if ill grade the other 9.
Post 807 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yea for me:

Post 808 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up this collection today of Final Crisis including #7, the first appearance of Calvin Ellis, Superman/president of Earth 23, and the Sketchbook with both 3-D books.

Post 809 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Hot off the FedEx truck...

Post 810 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 nice!!!! keep meaning to pick one up myself...an under-rated Steranko!!??
Post 811 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @ebaymafia for pointing out this book on a previous thread...

Post 812 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Thanks! I'm really happy to have it.
Post 813 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not necessarily new but newly framed and they look great. They'll eventually find their way to my wall when I get a house. I would love to get an original of Transformers. I have a replica (not pictured) and the rerelease for some theaters (pictured).

Post 814 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

Almost as cool as yours. My brother gave me this one

Post 815 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
A guy listed some books locally & I purchased the lot. Looks to be modern dreck, but I’m hoping for at least one cool book. He’s cleaning out his storage unit before moving. He said he has more & he’ll give me first dibs on whatever else he finds.

I’m supposed to pick up another 250 books from the guy this weekend. I haven’t had a chance to comb through the first lot (I’m working out of town). When I get a chance to go through them, I’ll keep you guys posted.
Post 816 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 817 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 818 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
The wife likes Felix, so I grabbed an oldie.

It’s not mint, but not bad for a 72 year old comic.

Post 819 IP   flag post

Post 820 IP   flag post
I forgot about this one!

It’s a little rougher than the pictures indicate, but I’ve always loved this cover.

Post 821 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
I forgot about this one!

It’s a little tougher than the pictures indicate, but I’ve always loved this cover.

LOVE that book. It's been on my "to get" list for a while.
Post 822 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 thanks!

I’m sure you’ll get a nicer copy than this.

But, I have one and I’ll take up one of these days.

Perfect time to grab DC books!
Post 823 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

That is a really nice copy!

Any guesses on what it will grade?

My guess is a 9? Maybe 9.4, unless I'm missing something (and I might very well be.)
Post 824 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
Well I did my part to support my LCS today. I went there just expecting to get some new books and the cbcs graded comic.
Well turns out they had a bunch of early Fantastic Four. I missed out on a few but I snagged a GRR of issue 1 and lower grade(3.5-4) Fantastic Four 6.

Post 825 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

That is a really nice copy!

Any guesses on what it will grade?

My guess is a 9? Maybe 9.4, unless I'm missing something (and I might very well be.)

Thanks, @Jabberwookie.

After just a quick check of it, I'm thinking about a 9.2 as is. Hopefully higher, but I'm happy with it either way.
Post 826 IP   flag post
Got these in today from a dealer friend of mine. The New Mutants #86 has what may or may not be a McFarlane sig in the Spidey box. I'm not really an autograph guy, but assuming it's legit, that's kind of cool.

Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

kind of new to the collection. I pulled (saved) this from one of my $3. show boxes. First full appearance Calvin Ellis.
Post 828 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two minor ASM keys arrived in today's mail:

Post 829 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Courtesy of @Enelson's sales thread. Sometimes I don't know I need something until I see it.

Post 830 IP   flag post
601340 999 30