CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.











Post 801 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I put off posting in this thread until the page arrived because I didn't want to double dip after posting in the OA thread.

Just arrived today from the Netherlands- Splash Page for FF: World's Greatest Comics Magazine #10 by Ron Frenz & Mike Royer.. I wish some domestic transactions went as smooth and quickly as this one did.






Post 802 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.













Oh how a press wants to touch those books inappropriately. Great pick ups!
Post 803 • IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew Thanks. Yeah, everything needs a little touchup. So many on my list right now. They will eventually get done. Everything is in really good shape, though.
The horror comics I found at a completely kick ass oddities/antique store during a trip up to Dallas a few weeks ago.
The Detective and ASMs were courtesy of @joelzstuff
The Hulk was from a LCS doing a Facebook Live sale.
Post 804 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i was looking through some booksI keep in a storage shed and I found this I didn't know I had. My brother found some coverless comics at a yard sake. I knew there was a Batman 189 in it but a Batman 181 as well.
Post 805 • IP   flag post


-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got my monthly MCS mail call today. Here are some comics I got.

Here are the preorders-
















And, because Santa was nice to me, I got some of my cover theme books. They were all cheap, but I like the subject matter.

First up, snake/human hybrids-










Execution scenes-




The rest are just ones I found with cool covers that I have wanted for some time. The "Lady Cop" one came in to MCS just as I was looking at comics. That one had been on my list for years.















Post 806 • IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user

Any Saga fans? Just picked up 1-10 signed by Fiona Staples. Not sure if ill grade the other 9.
Post 807 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yea for me:


Post 808 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up this collection today of Final Crisis including #7, the first appearance of Calvin Ellis, Superman/president of Earth 23, and the Sketchbook with both 3-D books.




Post 809 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Hot off the FedEx truck...

Post 810 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 nice!!!! keep meaning to pick one up myself...an under-rated Steranko!!??
Post 811 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @ebaymafia for pointing out this book on a previous thread...


Post 812 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Thanks! I'm really happy to have it.
Post 813 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not necessarily new but newly framed and they look great. They'll eventually find their way to my wall when I get a house. I would love to get an original of Transformers. I have a replica (not pictured) and the rerelease for some theaters (pictured).


Post 814 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

Almost as cool as yours. My brother gave me this one


Post 815 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
A guy listed some books locally & I purchased the lot. Looks to be modern dreck, but I’m hoping for at least one cool book. He’s cleaning out his storage unit before moving. He said he has more & he’ll give me first dibs on whatever else he finds.




I’m supposed to pick up another 250 books from the guy this weekend. I haven’t had a chance to comb through the first lot (I’m working out of town). When I get a chance to go through them, I’ll keep you guys posted.
Post 816 • IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 817 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 818 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
The wife likes Felix, so I grabbed an oldie.

It’s not mint, but not bad for a 72 year old comic.


Post 819 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 820 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot about this one!

It’s a little rougher than the pictures indicate, but I’ve always loved this cover.


Post 821 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
I forgot about this one!

It’s a little tougher than the pictures indicate, but I’ve always loved this cover.



LOVE that book. It's been on my "to get" list for a while.
Post 822 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 thanks!

I’m sure you’ll get a nicer copy than this.

But, I have one and I’ll take up one of these days.

Perfect time to grab DC books!
Post 823 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Hot off the FedEx truck...



That is a really nice copy!

Any guesses on what it will grade?

My guess is a 9? Maybe 9.4, unless I'm missing something (and I might very well be.)
Post 824 • IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
Well I did my part to support my LCS today. I went there just expecting to get some new books and the cbcs graded comic.
Well turns out they had a bunch of early Fantastic Four. I missed out on a few but I snagged a GRR of issue 1 and lower grade(3.5-4) Fantastic Four 6.







Post 825 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Hot off the FedEx truck...



That is a really nice copy!

Any guesses on what it will grade?

My guess is a 9? Maybe 9.4, unless I'm missing something (and I might very well be.)

Thanks, @Jabberwookie.

After just a quick check of it, I'm thinking about a 9.2 as is. Hopefully higher, but I'm happy with it either way.
Post 826 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today from a dealer friend of mine. The New Mutants #86 has what may or may not be a McFarlane sig in the Spidey box. I'm not really an autograph guy, but assuming it's legit, that's kind of cool.











Post 827 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

kind of new to the collection. I pulled (saved) this from one of my $3. show boxes. First full appearance Calvin Ellis.
Post 828 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Two minor ASM keys arrived in today's mail:





Post 829 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Courtesy of @Enelson's sales thread. Sometimes I don't know I need something until I see it.

Post 830 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30