Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I hope the seller follows through on this sale. I snagged it for less than a third of the going rate.

Post 777 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim is that cover Seattle ?
Post 778 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 nice score, early FF and ironman subby 1 and though X-MEN is lower grade, can't go wrong with a 94 👍
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail

Post 780 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Yes. It’s the Emerald City Comic Con variant. Supposedly limited to 500 copies.
Post 781 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Yes. It’s the Emerald City Comic Con variant. Supposedly limited to 500 copies.

That's pretty cool 👍
Post 782 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in from MyComicShop.Com, the Absolute Edition of Frank Miller’s Ronin. I got a great deal on it, just under $50 after tax and shipping, compared to lowest sold listing on ebay right now at $55 before taxes and shipping with many going for $80 or more.

I took a gamble on MCS’ undergrading. They had it listed as VG and while the book is not perfect, it is in amazing condition. I was afraid that it might arrive without the slipcase but I’m very happy with it!

I also got this blank from a random Amazon seller. Its always hit or miss and this time I missed out but I didn’t pay very much so I’m not upset. Not sure if it’s worth getting pressed or just buying another in better condition. These weren’t too plentiful at the time I bought it but a more reasonably prices one is now available.

Post 783 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up the other issues to add to the #4 never had a full Silver Surfer run before.

Post 784 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't bought much in a while, but 4 packages arrived yesterday. Going through them felt like I just got home from a convention! Hope to do that again someday.

Post 785 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up recently. I’m a huge fan of Bermejo and I love the run of covers he’s been doing on Detective.

Post 786 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Picked up the other issues to add to the #4 never had a full Silver Surfer run before.

I used to have the entire run of SA Silver Surfer. They are really great reads, and IMO the title ended too early. But I guess there is only so much one can do with a self-titled cosmic hero.
Post 787 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
picked this up today.

Post 788 IP   flag post
A guy listed some books locally & I purchased the lot. Looks to be modern dreck, but I’m hoping for at least one cool book. He’s cleaning out his storage unit before moving. He said he has more & he’ll give me first dibs on whatever else he finds.

Post 789 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
At least they are bagged and boarded. I can't say the same of all my books
Post 790 IP   flag post
@Bronte They’re like 50/50 bagged & unbagged.
Post 791 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Another Dennis GIANT I now OWN!

Post 792 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail, courtesy of Enelson on the boards.

Packed great and they are going to enjoy their new home.

Thanks for the freebies, Ed!

Post 793 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
in the mail on the way to me now!!!

Turned cash from MCS sales of CBCS Bat Adventures #12 8.0, Batman #357 8.5 and Walking Dead #2 7.0 plus a little more $$ into this!

Prices were rapidly getting away so decided to "make an offer" on ebay and pull the trigger....need more of my CBCS orders back so I can sell them and get other books!!

Post 794 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
You know you’re living right when you get two mail calls in one day.

Courtesy of our friend Doc_Cop

Post 795 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 796 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I got dragged deep into the GRR waters by a suggestion from @esavaro:

Post 797 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia A high grade GRR of FF #1 has been on my radar for years. I have the record, I just haven’t given the book the priority I probably should.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@EbayMafia A high grade GRR of FF #1 has been on my radar for years. I have the record, I just haven’t given the book the priority I probably should.

@00slim Jump in the pool and help us create the great GRR bubble!
Post 799 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
My postal carrier decided that putting this on my porch in the pouring rain where it sat for a few hours was a good idea.

After much anxiety, I tore it open (literally) and everything was good. Run of ASM Last Remains including the real reason I picked them up.

Post 800 IP   flag post
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I put off posting in this thread until the page arrived because I didn't want to double dip after posting in the OA thread.

Just arrived today from the Netherlands- Splash Page for FF: World's Greatest Comics Magazine #10 by Ron Frenz & Mike Royer.. I wish some domestic transactions went as smooth and quickly as this one did.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Been buying a little more than usual lately. Filling some holes or just running across a few things that that grabbed my interest at a decent price.

Oh how a press wants to touch those books inappropriately. Great pick ups!
Post 803 IP   flag post
@xjagnew Thanks. Yeah, everything needs a little touchup. So many on my list right now. They will eventually get done. Everything is in really good shape, though.
The horror comics I found at a completely kick ass oddities/antique store during a trip up to Dallas a few weeks ago.
The Detective and ASMs were courtesy of @joelzstuff
The Hulk was from a LCS doing a Facebook Live sale.
Post 804 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i was looking through some booksI keep in a storage shed and I found this I didn't know I had. My brother found some coverless comics at a yard sake. I knew there was a Batman 189 in it but a Batman 181 as well.
Post 805 IP   flag post
601329 999 30