Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
That's the one @KCBatmanFan he does live out beyond the Dune Sea.
Post 726 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
@OGJackster I wonder if you mean old Ben Kenobi.

can't be...that wizard's just a crazy old man.....
Post 727 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Visited my local comic book store.
Picked up 2 books, not high grade but the price was right.

Avengers 12 $40 including tax
Spidey 135 $15 including tax

Post 728 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - congrats on both books. 135 is another one of my favorite Spidey covers. I used to have 3 raw high grade copies. Wish I had one of them back.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder first time I picked up that issue and the avengers 12. So I'll be reading 2 books I've never read before ๐Ÿ‘
Post 730 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Pre_Coder first time I picked up that issue and the avengers 12. So I'll be reading 2 books I've never read before ๐Ÿ‘

I've read 135 (once) but it was so long ago I can't even remember the story. I've also read Avengers 12 (once), but obviously that was MUCH longer ago. Hope you enjoy both.
Post 731 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pick ups and a few back from getting slabbed. Pretty happy with Hulk 340 coming back with the grade it did, though I had hoped the Batman 386 would have gotten up to at least 9.0. Looking forward to the books I submitted for the Crystal Clear promo coming back soon.

Post 732 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Beautiful books! I figure X-Men 139 will be legit with Disney's approach to a female Vindicator... my opinion only of course.
Post 733 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I probably would be showing you guys a bunch of returned slabs but apparently there is a power outage in Texas and they never left.
Post 734 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew Thanks! I agree, I think youโ€™re right. These are for my PC, Iโ€™ve been working on collecting from the Dark Phoenix Saga through the end of Jim Leeโ€™s run. Iโ€™ve noticed the X-men books are starting to sky rocket in price the last couple of months, which isnโ€™t too surprising, especially with everything Disney and Marvel have been doing.
Post 735 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 736 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Latest pickup...now only two left for me to complete the entire run. Lower grade, but the price was right and it presents well...

Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68 Beautiful color, especially fir the grade. Very nice. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Post 738 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68 - Very nice! What two do you have left to get?
Post 739 IP   flag post
@Trespa68 - Ditto what's been said above. That's a very sweet looking 2.5
Post 740 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Trespa68 - Very nice! What two do you have left to get?

Nothing too serious... just numbers 1 & 4!!!

Post 741 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Trespa68 Beautiful color, especially fir the grade. Very nice. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

The colors are nice and bright...the tear on the N and some staining on the bottom must have really brought the grade down. Looks to me that it was definitely pressed too.

I will sometimes buy lower grades as long as they look good...its all about eye appeal to me.
Post 742 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 743 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up today from a local collector, I did upgrade my ss3, I didn't have a asm1 annual and the marvel superhero 20 is a duplicate but it was thrown in to cinch the deal
Post 744 IP   flag post
@Batman66 FF 6 is a cool book, first villain team up ๐Ÿ‘

Also 2nd appearance of subby in the silver age.
2nd appearance of Doctor Doom
There's quite a lot going on in there.
I think it's still a undervalued minor key
Post 745 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Batman66 FF 6 is a cool book, first villain team up ๐Ÿ‘

Also 2nd appearance of subby in the silver age.
2nd appearance of Doctor Doom
There's quite a lot going on in there.
I think it's still a undervalued minor key

I totally agree, when either or both of these characters come onto the screen, this book will (or should) blow up
Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

These arrived today courtesy of forum member daywalker!
Post 747 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWiz

These arrived today courtesy of forum member daywalker!

Awesome! So glad they arrived safe and sound!
Post 748 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Major upgrade alert! After literally searching for years for an upgrade to my Spooky #1 I have acquired this copy. It has a tiny corner chip that keeps it out of the 9.0 range, but still very nice with with off-white to white PQ. Probably in the 7.5-8.0 range (or a CGC 8.5๐Ÿ˜‰). Copies of this book are nearly nonexistent in better than VG, so I am very happy with this copy.

Post 749 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Very Nice book.
Post 750 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My newest book, thanks to @Noblebeast315.

PS - Flawless transaction and expertly packaged.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I picked up this gem yesterday at the local show. 1st full MJW and Rhino origin/3rd app. Really happy with this book.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Beauty eh? Sweet lookin' copy!
Post 753 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips those colors are amazing!
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector Cody private msg quote post Address this user
I ended up winning an eBay auction for the X-Men 266. I was happy to get a double signed 9.8 for the same price as a regular 9.8.
Also ended up getting Young Avengers 1-12 for a decent price. Seemed easier than buying them all seperatly.
Unfortunately I just missed one of my packages with another graded book. I swear they didn't even knock when they came by. So I must wait one more day for the last book...

Post 755 IP   flag post
602828 999 30