CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased these from @brandon77 last week and they arrived today. Thanks for the books, Brandon!





Post 551 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Studley_Dudley - Love that last "Dreck" book Mike!

My thoughts, too, Ed. I don't think that one qualifies as "dreck." 😄
Post 552 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Studley_Dudley - Love that last "Dreck" book Mike!

My thoughts, too, Ed. I don't think that one qualifies as "dreck." 😄

It's no DC 140 which would be the real key lol
Post 553 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Not the best lighting for the pictures, but a couple of MCS wins.




Low grade, but I've never had one before.


Post 554 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Swampy says "Im looking for a home, contact @HeinzeDad".
Post 555 • IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Swampy says "Im looking for a home, contact @HeinzeDad".



You all done kissin it and lovin on it? Full Disclosure before you sell: How many times has that book spent the night in your bed with you...and that dog?
Post 556 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Swampy says "Im looking for a home, contact @HeinzeDad".


1 star for the book and 2 stars for the updated profile picture .
Post 557 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batfan77 Congrat on that GFT #5 & 6. It took me awhile to find them.
Post 558 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these out of a Comic Vantage Box:







Post 559 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Swampy says "Im looking for a home, contact @HeinzeDad".



You all done kissin it and lovin on it? Full Disclosure before you sell: How many times has that book spent the night in your bed with you...and that dog?
It’s @enelsons book. He said he thought it would grade higher.
Post 560 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Made a trip to Queen City Comics today before the NFL started. More kindling.





Post 561 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Super Happy with this beautiful book! I stayed conservative with the 8.5, but I believe the book quite possibly pulls a 9.0 VFN/NM



Post 562 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Studely_Dudley - kindling???

I would say worthy of Mylites2/Fullbacks.
Post 563 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Another beautiful War Book I picked up. Seller claims it was 7.0-7.5, and i really wanted to call it a 7.0 myself. I just felt the back cover had just a hint to much discoloration. regardless of any subjective numerical grade, It is a outstanding looking book that I was happy to obtain! Finding these DC War titles in much better condition is always very difficult.



Post 564 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Another AWESOME Joe Kubert Cover! was kind of disappointed in this one as the seller touted it as a 9.2 NM-. Obviously I felt it was not. None the less its a super cool book and the price was right.


Post 565 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Swampy says "Im looking for a home, contact @HeinzeDad".



You all done kissin it and lovin on it? Full Disclosure before you sell: How many times has that book spent the night in your bed with you...and that dog?
It’s @enelsons book. He said he thought it would grade higher.


Aha, I was confused why you would be giving up a Yellow covered Swamp Thing with 1st appearance Constantine. Kind of a Trifecta for you I would think.
Post 566 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Correct @EbaySeller. I aim to show Swamp Thing 37 and Hellblazer 1 in the “collecting multiple copies of the same book” thread some day.
Post 567 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 nice grading there. If you were after TTA I have some under copies. Though your 99 looks better and grades .5 to a full point over my under copy.


Post 568 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BigRedOne1944 nice grading there. If you were after TTA I have some under copies. Though your 99 looks better and grades .5 to a full point over my under copy.




@southerncross Thanks for the thumbs up! While I don't particularly pursue the Tales to Astonish title I do pick up books that I think are just cool and i love Marie Severin's work, which I think is VERY much under appreciated and over shadowed by many of her peers of the era Like Jack Kirby, John Romita, Gil Kane, etc...

I also have an appetite for higher grade, 7.5 or better books that present well. I would definitely be interested in looking at any copies you feel might fall within my interest range.

Drop me a PM

regards
John
Post 569 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I'll have to take a look. I'm at work atm. But I think my under copies are in the 7s mostly. These were books I owned first before upgrading them to pedigrees. If you receive no pm it's because the under copies don't hit the 7.5 mark or up in my opinion.
Post 570 • IP   flag post
Hold your tongue and say, "I live on a pirate ship." Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
At least there are no "ModernClassics" on this thread! And the grammar is pretty good, too!
Post 571 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Upgraded the PC and found some higher grade copies of these two Wrightson favorites.





Post 572 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew Never seen that HOM 195 before but it deserves a couple extra seconds to really appreciate it.
Post 573 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller Totally agree! This looks to be a nice upgrade from my 5.0. I've been looking at it all day.
Post 574 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
DANG!

Phantom is Neil Adams though right???
Post 575 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Yes, Neal Adams cover and Len Wein pre-Swamp Thing story.
Post 576 • IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Tough book for me to find in high grade without a white strip along the spine but finally got one.


Post 577 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
@HeinzDad Yes, Neal Adams cover and Len Wein pre-Swamp Thing story.
drooling emoji!
Post 578 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Made a trip to Queen City Comics today before the NFL started. More kindling.



Look!! look!!!! Ras has Batmans clothes...but Bat's was wearing another pair underneath???!!!
Post 579 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics he is wearing batman thermals 👍
Post 580 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30