Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just bought this, the book that stared the silver age. Wow am I stoked

Good lord!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!
Post 501 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan lol, thanks nick. trust me the Jim83 is still very exciting to me. I met up with a guy who bought my 3.5. After we had lunch I remembered a comic book store had the showcase wasn't very far, I was shocked to find out they still had it. Called the store, haggled with the owner and gave me a great deal on it. driving back from LA after purchasing the showcase. My wife said well you've had a pretty good week. I couldn't disagree
Post 502 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC lol, yes He is, thanks
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Haljordanfan lol, thanks nick. trust me the Jim83 is still very exciting to me. I met up with a guy who bought my 3.5. After we had lunch I remembered a comic book store had the showcase wasn't very far, I was shocked to find out they still had it. Called the store, haggled with the owner and gave me a great deal on it. driving back from LA after purchasing the showcase. My wife said well you've had a pretty good week. I couldn't disagree

😂 , I walk in to a comic book store and all I find is over priced graded/non-graded copies of ASM 300 and a ton of other common 80’s and 90’s books with minor character 1st appearances and the owner thinks they have gold.

I need to start hanging out with you. Again, serious congrats on the book!
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 congrats! Hell of a book.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 507 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm awesome book
Post 508 IP   flag post
@Batman66 thanks so much! Absolutely love that amazing copy of Showcase 4 you picked up!
Post 509 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm thanks, much appreciated. I have this in the way, though you might like it
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I bought another lot of comics with questionable pictures off Mercari...there were some wins and curiosities...all for $25 shipped...I'll start with the clear wins 1st

...and then it got curiouser and curiouser

And then there were these...

How often do you go from Dave Stevens to Felix the cat to the horny biker slut?
There were about 20 other books of various other degrees of deck to awesome...some ultra verse, Malibu, eternity continuity and eclipse comics
Post 511 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I like it indeed! Great grab! I was the one bidding against you on that one!
Post 512 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
If Magazine Monday happened on Tuesday.

Post 513 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm that doesn't surprise me, still went for less than what I was expecting
Post 514 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Love the Grundy cover.
Post 515 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I agree, you got it at a great price and am really surprised what it ended at. I dropped out to pursue the flash 92, since I had just picked up a copy of AS33 from the cgc boards. Your copy really presents well for the grade and is not a book that comes up often at all. Would absolutely love a copy of All American #61, but out of range for me and AS #33 is the next best thing!
Post 516 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan thanks, great cover
@obrie2tm I'm with you, would love an all American 61, settle for as33. Post a picture of your 33, would like to see it
Post 517 IP   flag post

@Batman66 Restoration is a minor amount of glue on the spine, which isn't a big deal to me given how beautifully the book presents and quality of the cover condition
Post 518 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
If Magazine Monday happened on Tuesday.

Apparently Berni liked doing Dino's. That Creepy looks similar to the one card I got in a pack you sent me. It happened to be my favorite in the lot. The T-rex did have an alive pin up girl one its back though, not a s#!--^ rich man that paid for a critter hunt that included a photographer. In my imagination babies rip out of its big belly and tear them up. (I know they were born outta eggs im just sayin.)
Post 519 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
NOBODY...... does Hot Pin up babes like Dave Stevens
Post 520 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 REALLY nice DC war.

I was never in the military but Joe Kubert always seemed to capture what I think it would FEEL like to be in battle. Just the "grittiness" of his artwork really fit the subject matter.

Thanks for the comments! Joe Kubert's Legendary work indeed speaks for itself. Often times I believe the creative core of the DC war titles of the era are over looked. The Bob Kanigher, Hank Chapman, Bob Haney stories never failed to excite! While Joe Kubert was without question an intricate part of many of the War titles of the era, It was Russ Heath, Jack Abel and others that often times graced the books artwork, not to mention the breath taking cover work often done by Jerry Grandenetti.

Here's my Latest addition!

Agreed. I've really grown to appreciate Russ Heath's work over the years and those two gray tone Grandenetti covers that you posted are awesome.

It's a shame that so many of these books (and the artists primarily associated with them) are overlooked or forgotten about these days. There's some really good stuff there that so many collectors miss because these characters won't be appearing in "the next big movie."

Im not into any of the "Big Movie" hype stuff. Im addicted to the Stunning work and content of the DC War titles. I have also grown to very much appreciate Russ Heath's work on many of these DC war Titles. In fact some of his cover work rivals any of the Kubert or Grandenetti cover works and have became some of my favorites

Like this one..... As soon as I seen it I knew I had to have that book....

Post 521 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 REALLY nice DC war.

I was never in the military but Joe Kubert always seemed to capture what I think it would FEEL like to be in battle. Just the "grittiness" of his artwork really fit the subject matter.

Thanks for the comments! Joe Kubert's Legendary work indeed speaks for itself. Often times I believe the creative core of the DC war titles of the era are over looked. The Bob Kanigher, Hank Chapman, Bob Haney stories never failed to excite! While Joe Kubert was without question an intricate part of many of the War titles of the era, It was Russ Heath, Jack Abel and others that often times graced the books artwork, not to mention the breath taking cover work often done by Jerry Grandenetti.

Here's my Latest addition!

Kubert AND Grandenetti in the same book - quite the one-two!

That #79 is spectacular; impossible to find those early war books in any grade above "Folded & kept in a boy's back pocket for weeks."

Indeed finding high quality copies of any of these DC war titles is a tough battle, and when you do find them they tend to not be any to cheap! LOL
Post 522 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Some cheap 70s gold, but in really nice condition.

Post 523 IP   flag post
And some Kirby goodness.

Post 524 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Stuff I picked up in California...

Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL *Part 1*
🔥Star Wars Legacy
#4 2 copies
#18 2 copies
#20 2 copies
#23 2 copies
#24 2 copies

Post 526 IP   flag post
MAIL CALL *Part 2*
🔥Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace #1 2 copies
🔥Darth Maul #1 2 copies
🔥Jedi vs Sith #3 2 copies
🔥Dawn of the Jedi Prisoner of Bogan #2 2 copies

Post 527 IP   flag post
MAIL CALL *Part 3*
🔥Star Wars The Old Republic
The Lost Suns #1-5

Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Auction wins - Signed 3rd Eye has an early CBCS label that states it was signed at Midtown Comics.

Post 530 IP   flag post
600677 999 30