Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeMemorabilia

New to your Collection #1013224

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!
Post 476 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
upgraded my Jim83, man it's a beautiful book for a 5.5. One of my favorite characters

Possibly the one book I won't be getting. It isn't a grail (I already got that), but it tops the current list.

That's a great copy- Curse that right edge
Post 477 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up as well. Thought I would take a picture of the two Jim83, the 3.5 is getting a new home Sunday
Post 478 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 that's a nice house of mystery.

Congrats on the journey.
That is a very nice 5.5 you snagged.
Any better and that grade would have jumped including the price 👍

I wouldn't be surprised out of the three graders one called it a 6.0
Post 479 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC @Siggy @southerncross thanks guys @southerncross all those books have been on my radar for awhile, was very happy getting them in such nice shape (except for the showcase 37 but still an upgrade from my current copy)but the house of mystery especially
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this one off evil-bay.Already have an un-restored copy, but this was at a good price and I have always wanted Lee's autograph. Will probably just keep them both.

Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Subbed these on a whim not expecting the grades they received especially the 121 very happy with them.

Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Sick of staying at home, so my son and I decided to visit a couple of local shops. I picked this up....

Post 484 IP   flag post

just bought this, the book that stared the silver age. Wow am I stoked
Post 485 IP   flag post

Post 486 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 487 IP   flag post

Post 488 IP   flag post

Post 489 IP   flag post

Post 490 IP   flag post

Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Upgraded
Post 492 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 REALLY nice DC war.

I was never in the military but Joe Kubert always seemed to capture what I think it would FEEL like to be in battle. Just the "grittiness" of his artwork really fit the subject matter.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
MAIL CALL!!!
🔥🔥🔥Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace #1, 2, 3 newsstands 3 copies each!🔥🔥🔥

Post 494 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Today's pickup. Brazilian digest sized ASM 129. Still need to snag the other Brazil copy but all in due time. This one is rough but it's all mine. I've learned (out of necessity) that you can't always be picky about condition when it comes to foreign editions. They aren't always available and sometimes you have to be happy just to own a copy.

Post 495 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

I was never in the military but Joe Kubert always seemed to capture what I think it would FEEL like to be in battle. Just the "grittiness" of his artwork really fit the subject matter.

Thanks for the comments! Joe Kubert's Legendary work indeed speaks for itself. Often times I believe the creative core of the DC war titles of the era are over looked. The Bob Kanigher, Hank Chapman, Bob Haney stories never failed to excite! While Joe Kubert was without question an intricate part of many of the War titles of the era, It was Russ Heath, Jack Abel and others that often times graced the books artwork, not to mention the breath taking cover work often done by Jerry Grandenetti.

Here's my Latest addition!

Post 496 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Thanks for the comments! Joe Kubert's Legendary work indeed speaks for itself. Often times I believe the creative core of the DC war titles of the era are over looked. The Bob Kanigher, Hank Chapman, Bob Haney stories never failed to excite! While Joe Kubert was without question an intricate part of many of the War titles of the era, It was Russ Heath, Jack Abel and others that often times graced the books artwork, not to mention the breath taking cover work often done by Jerry Grandenetti.

Agreed. I've really grown to appreciate Russ Heath's work over the years and those two gray tone Grandenetti covers that you posted are awesome.

It's a shame that so many of these books (and the artists primarily associated with them) are overlooked or forgotten about these days. There's some really good stuff there that so many collectors miss because these characters won't be appearing in "the next big movie."
Post 497 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Kubert AND Grandenetti in the same book - quite the one-two!

That #79 is spectacular; impossible to find those early war books in any grade above "Folded & kept in a boy's back pocket for weeks."
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

😂 Not sure if cursing is allowed, but HOLY SHIT on this one! A 3 check mark book for sure.

😂 Makes the JIM 83 not that exciting. Congrats on this my man!
Post 500 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

just bought this, the book that stared the silver age. Wow am I stoked

Good lord!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!
Post 501 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan lol, thanks nick. trust me the Jim83 is still very exciting to me. I met up with a guy who bought my 3.5. After we had lunch I remembered a comic book store had the showcase wasn't very far, I was shocked to find out they still had it. Called the store, haggled with the owner and gave me a great deal on it. driving back from LA after purchasing the showcase. My wife said well you've had a pretty good week. I couldn't disagree
Post 502 IP   flag post
@GAC lol, yes He is, thanks
Post 503 IP   flag post

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Haljordanfan lol, thanks nick. trust me the Jim83 is still very exciting to me. I met up with a guy who bought my 3.5. After we had lunch I remembered a comic book store had the showcase wasn't very far, I was shocked to find out they still had it. Called the store, haggled with the owner and gave me a great deal on it. driving back from LA after purchasing the showcase. My wife said well you've had a pretty good week. I couldn't disagree

😂 , I walk in to a comic book store and all I find is over priced graded/non-graded copies of ASM 300 and a ton of other common 80’s and 90’s books with minor character 1st appearances and the owner thinks they have gold.

I need to start hanging out with you. Again, serious congrats on the book!
Post 505 IP   flag post
597868 999 30