Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionQuestions

New Carnage Movie13204

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Due to the new Carnage movie coming out, I know the comic Amazing Spider-Man 361 will skyrocket in price. What about the modern comics such as Absolute Carnage (2019)? Would they increase in value as well?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Not as much, for sure, but I would think so. Impressively? 9.8 and up only, I'd think.

2c
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok thank
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
361 already went up quite a bit when the movie was announced, it'll probably go up some more closer to release but not a ton more I wouldn't think.

Anything Carnage related will most likely go up some, but more so key books.

However, if a movie centering on Knull comes out...Absolute Carnage and the current Venom storyline could go up quite a bit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I was recently going through my graded books and so far the Carnage book in my collection that has gone up the most in value (according to GoCollect, so take it with a grain of salt) in the last year or so is the Maximum Carnage promo. It originally gave my 7.0 an unsigned value at $70 and it's spitting out about $450

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
The maximum carnage storyline went up a ton too. Raw set was selling for 30-40 for the 14 book series. Now selling for 100 or maybe a little more.

Luckily I managed to find a set for 45 recently that are all in amazing condition, but then sold 9 books of the set I had previously for 65 lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I was recently going through my graded books and so far the Carnage book in my collection that has gone up the most in value (according to GoCollect, so take it with a grain of salt) in the last year or so is the Maximum Carnage promo. It originally gave my 7.0 an unsigned value at $70 and it's spitting out about $450

I love the signed copy, thanks for sharing. This book is interesting to me, as it contains nothing special, containing part of Spider-Man Unlimited 1. It was given away to a largely non-collector video game audience and when held in hand, is pretty flimsy even for a comic book. They got damaged worse than newsstand edition books, judging by the small number of high grade examples available today.
I think the value increase is a result of collectors wanting a Carnage comic book that isn’t common. This thing fits that niche well.
CGC Census of total copies:
Maximum Carnage 1: 130 (7@9.8)
Amazing Spider-Man 361: 17,605 (4,570@9.8+)
This is THE book for serious Carnage fans to have in my opinion. I got my two before the price explosion, thankfully. I just can’t bring myself to spend over $5K for a 9.8 though.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
361 already went up quite a bit when the movie was announced, it'll probably go up some more closer to release but not a ton more I wouldn't think.

Anything Carnage related will most likely go up some, but more so key books.

However, if a movie centering on Knull comes out...Absolute Carnage and the current Venom storyline could go up quite a bit.

I would also note these books are extremely plentiful.

ASM 361 - Total graded on CGC census: 17605
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ha!! Didn't even know a Carnage movie was announced! Was wondering why the 361 was going up. My copy has the bindery tears but on the front - I know it won't take a hit for them but still...I was looking for a replacement and they have all gone crazy!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Technically it's the sequel to the 2018 Venom film,which teased Carnage in the post-credits scene, officially titled Venom: Let there be Carnage. I believe principal photography has been completed but post-production was delayed by the pandemic. It was originally scheduled to be released this month
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Is Woody still Cletus?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes
Post 12 IP   flag post
601455 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?