Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Gerry Conway signing question13195

Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
I understand you mail the books to the facilitator, and not the CBCS office.. BUT are we still able to add on a press? I have some books that I don't feel comfortable trying to press myself. Also, I don't believe I would have time to have them pressed by an outside presser, and have them to the signing in time. Any help is appreciated!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@ProdigalSon just tell your facilitator when they submit your book that you want it pressed by CBCS's in house pressing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ProdigalSon Yes you can still submit books for pressing with CBCS' official signings. Just add it to your order form when you submit your books.

Be aware that pressing adds on additional time and the signings themselves can be delayed so it could be a long time before you get your books back
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@ProdigalSon Yes you can still submit books for pressing with CBCS' official signings. Just add it to your order form when you submit your books.

Be aware that pressing adds on additional time and the signings themselves can be delayed so it could be a long time before you get your books back

I have 3 books already pressed that I can submit as is.. but I have others that I'd like to submit in a separate order, so those can be pressed also. I can wait on the second order a bit more patient, since I'll have another order back sooner!!!

I doubt there's any chance an outside presser has time to have then back to me in time for the event, so CBCS may be my best option for pressing...
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
They do a great job from past experience. The TATS are the only drawback.
Post 5 IP   flag post
they did some press for me last summer, and I was pleased with the results.. but as you said, the TAT was the drawback!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Signature Director MattEdwards private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
2 things.. first off, if you are sending in for the CBCS Gerry Conway signing, you are not sending the books to a facilitator..You are sending them to the signature director. I just don’t live in Texas. 2nd, you can absolutely add pressing to your order. The books will be signed, then sent in to Texas where they will be pressed, then graded and encapsulated.
Hope this helps!
Matt
Post 7 IP   flag post
@MattEdwards As Signature Director are you in charge of the ASP/VSP programs now? I know the job bounced around to a few people after Mark left and I’m not sure who’s in charge now
Post 8 IP   flag post
Signature Director MattEdwards private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I am in charge of the signature program.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@MattEdwards Gotcha! I sent an email to customer support yesterday with a signature question that might end up on your desk
Post 10 IP   flag post
601440 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?