Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

VSP success for Action Comics #1 (reprint) signed Jerry Siegel?13179

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I have one of the Dynamic Forces Action Comics #1 reprints signed by Jerry Siegel. Has any one had any success with them passing VSP? Thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t have any myself but there are examples online

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
I’d rather have that Superman 1 than a higher grade all things being equal!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I'm kind of surprised they validated Jerry Siegels signature on that #1. Jerrys signature looks very dated and sloppy. Looks nothing like his other documented signatures.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Wow, I'm kind of surprised they validated Jerry Siegels signature on that #1. Jerrys signature looks very dated and sloppy. Looks nothing like his other documented signatures.

Agreed. When it comes to sigs like this (and Lee's and Kirby's and similar), it think I'm just going to stick with ASP. Obviously that leaves out Kirby and many others who we lost before 3rd party grading.

But @Darkga I'd still at least send an image to BAS for an opinion. Others have done this, so why not? Can't hurt
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga The Action Comics I posted was from a signed edition of 2000. If yours is from that same run, I’d say it has a pretty good chance of passing.

@OGJackster I would point out that the Superman #1 was early in the VSP program so it would’ve been verified by CSA. The Action Comics was verified by BSA. I’m not sure how much a different that makes but BSA does seem to reject quite a few books so I feel like the Siegel sig on the Superman might not pass today
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks for your help. Yep, mine is from the run of 2000 (it's not the exact one pictured though). I'll give it a try.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600903 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?