Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
I’m reorganizing some books and found this again. It’s a Daredevil 181 9.4 slabbed across the street a few years back. After seeing a bunch of his signatures these past few years I’m wondering if it’s legit. What say you?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
I’m reorganizing some books and found this again. It’s a Daredevil 181 9.4 slabbed across the street a few years back. After seeing a bunch of his signatures these past few years I’m wondering if it’s legit. What say you?

If definitely doesn’t look like his recent signatures, but if it’s an old one could be possible I guess *shrug
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@TellEmSteveDave - Here’s the same book from my collection with a verified signature. It was signed back in 1982 by Miller. I also have #180 and #182 with his signature. Sorry, but they don’t look similar.

Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That's not Frank Miller's signature. He has a sketch signature that is just a FM with upside cross, and then he's got that squiggly cursive signature with an angry M. Neither signatures look like yours.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah gonna go ahead and call it. Fake. Thanks for the help @esaravo
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Even @esaravo's signature has his F and M letters that matches the sketch signature "FM" so that one I can see as being verified.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Another verified from 10 years after Ed's. The 'F' is a little different, but still feels the same. Signatures so often shrink as the years (and Conventions) roll on.

And looking at the sig on @TellEmSteveDave 's image, the 'k' almost looks like whoever wrote it might have been partially stuck in 'Kirby' mode. Probably a coincidence.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That IS Frank Miller's very early.... very very early signature.
It is real in my opinion.

I believe I even have one myself from the early-80's I'll have to dig out from somewhere. He didn't use it long and then moved to the one that esarovo shows on his daredevil
Post 8 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave: If youre looking to sell that comic, I'd be very very interested as I collect old Miller autographs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wontizzl private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking about asking the same question. I have a daredevil 168 with the exact same looking signature. I bought it a few months ago at a con and got it really cheap so I never opened it up until I got home afterwards I was thinking thats why the guy let it go for so little. Anyway here's a picture for reference
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Wontizzl private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 @Wontizzl Good info have, thanks. If that's how he signed it at the start, it makes sense he simplified it over the years.
If he hadn't, he'd probably 'have to' charge $200 per sig.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing how many iterations there are of his sigs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I work in documentation in a regulated industry for 35 years. Mine has changed several times after doing it nearly every week. Now I just initial like Adam Hughes.... lol. People get lazy and lazier after awhile
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I work in documentation in a regulated industry for 35 years. Mine has changed several times after doing it nearly every week. Now I just initial like Adam Hughes.... lol. People get lazy and lazier after awhile

As my hand and I age, my 20 letter signature looks more and more like a couple letters followed by weak heartbeat.
If there's a connection, it might be in my best interest not to let it flatline.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ok so my sig and @Wontizzl look very similar. Especially the E and R in Miller. Thanks for the info guys. Definitely appreciate it.

@nuffsaid111 not selling at the moment. If I upgrade I’ll definitely give you a shout.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
The signature loos similar to this one done in 1981

Post 17 IP   flag post
@KeepItClunky You should see Chris Claremont's signature. It depends on his mood and the moon phase.
Post 18 IP   flag post

This is Frank Miller's old man tired and quick trademark signature he uses now when he's not sketching. I can believe it if his signature has changed over the past few decades.
Post 19 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
No way.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600670 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?