Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve sold them a bunch of $2-3 books over the last few years and saw the odd curveball with their grading, but this time I decided to throw in a couple of high grade books with my pile.

That was a very bad move.

Two comics I had graded at 9.4, from a similar batch that had been slabbed between 9.2 and 9.4 already...and they both came back as 7.5. From $20 each in credit to a little more than $3 each.

Steve has said on here himself that they grade harder than he does, but man...

I can’t say I didn’t know that could happen, so I have to laugh. And learn.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson2000
Two comics I had graded at 9.4, from a similar batch that had been slabbed between 9.2 and 9.4 already...and they both came back as 7.5. From $20 each in credit to a little more than $3 each.

There's a scene in Napoleon Dynamite where he injures his groin testing a time-travel machine. He says "This things a piece of crap", His trapped-in-the-past uncle comes out of the next room rubbing his groin and says "I could have told you that". That's what if feels like when you send raw books to MCS...A shot to the groin and a bunch of guys saying "I could have told you that".
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
They regularly grade weekly moderns harsh too. They list a lot of the weeklys as VF if they have 1 small defect. Most of the time I would still grade the books at NM. I have learned, if you want to sell them something, just go with slabs. They grade raws way too hard. Good for buyers, not so for sellers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Good for buyers, not so for sellers.

Goes both ways. Not uncommon that raw sold prices are similar to slab prices
Post 4 IP   flag post
600811 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?