Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Inside First Page Signature Image Option1314

Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I just thought of this while watching a video of someone showing off there signed comics of which many were inside the comics. And I was thinking I'd be sad not being able to see that signature anymore if I had got that comic verified and graded.

I know before it's sent it the person could just take a pic. But I think it be nice to have an image option like the slideshow but just for the first inside signed page. So when you get the comic back not only is it graded with the signature but you still have access to what the signature looks like. Has this ever been discussed before? Does anyone else think it be a nice service option?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
I would take a picture of the sig with my phone and not have to pay extra for having a professional service do it for me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Icculus private msg quote post Address this user
I actually kinda like the idea of having them signed inside as opposed to on the cover but maybe that's just me. While I know they are all the rage and can go for extra money; personally I'm not a fan signed books and think signed covers actually detract from the book. YMMV
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I have a very low grade of a 1st printing "The Crow" (Kitchen Sink), with the memorium page to Brandon Lee bounded upside-down within the book.

I asked J. O'Barr about it a few years ago at the 1st ABQ Comic Con, and his quote to me was, "It took us a couple times to get it right......but I've never seen one before." I took it he meant the publication.

Odd that this book actually made it out to the public and how many actually did.

My point isg.....I had him flip the book upside-down and sign on the memorium page.....inside the book. Was this a good move....even in the condition it was in?

The book...poor in my category, was the only one I had and is definitely a reader copy for many years, but being it a 1st print, the awesome story O'Barr told, and now with the signature inside, versus on the cover - I tend to think that the book now has more character than it would have if I had him sign it on the outside.

What does everyone else think?

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has a copy of this "inverted page", how many actually exist, and if they ever made it out to the public.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector frankenstein private msg quote post Address this user
I sort of have an idea. If you have an inside signature on a book. CBCS could take photo of signature and insert in a plastic trading card sleeve. The hard case, not soft. Then put a round sticker with number matching one comic slab on opening. If sticker is removed then image is not valid and would have to contact CBCS for new one, for a small fee of course. I could see as an option but obviously CBCS would have to charge for it. Material wise it shouldn't be too expensive. This would also be added on top of red label if older unwitnessed signing. Am I insane for thinking this? LOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstein
I sort of have an idea. If you have an inside signature on a book. CBCS could take photo of signature and insert in a plastic trading card sleeve. The hard case, not soft. Then put a round sticker with number matching one comic slab on opening. If sticker is removed then image is not valid and would have to contact CBCS for new one, for a small fee of course. I could see as an option but obviously CBCS would have to charge for it. Material wise it shouldn't be too expensive. This would also be added on top of red label if older unwitnessed signing. Am I insane for thinking this? LOL

I actually like this idea.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598088 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?