Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

George Perez Mail Call13133

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back today! The hope was to get Jim Starlin's signature on some of these but with all the pandemic craziness signings got delayed and had to get these submitted to comply with ASP guidelines.

The DC Comics Presents will probably get cleaned and pressed down the line.

The sketch is meant to be the start of a jam piece with various artists to recreate the cover of the original Infinity Gauntlet. Perez did sketch the gauntlet slightly too high to match the original cover so hopefully the subsequent artists can work with it. I'd love to get Ron Lim, and Josef Rubinstein, among others, to contribute to the jam. Starlin is elusive but I remain hopeful to get a sketch from him someday!

The Marv Wolfman sigs I got at my last convention this year before all the conventions were cancelled.

The Crisis On Infinite Earths will be at the top of my list next time I get an opportunity for an Alex Ross signature








Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite where was Mr Perez doing sketches etc??
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics It was a sketch opp arranged by an AW
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great man. Rubinstein is super easy to get. Message him on Facebook. Is Starlin still sketching? I know a year or so ago his hand was injured in some kind of accident with an appliance (don't remember all the details) and he wasn't sketching at all. He wasn't even sure he'd ever be able to sketch again. I only know this because I wanted something from him too as he was going to be at a local con and he was NOT sketching at the time. Anyway, jams are awesome. Can't wait to see some progress on it! Congrats!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KatKomics It was a sketch opp arranged by an AW

awesome!! now that he is no longer doing conventions I need to keep my ear to the ground for such opportunities!!

off to drool at Perez stuff on CAF!! maybe I'll pony up and get something?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia Makes sense, the AW did say that Starlin most likely wasn’t doing sketches but the signing was delayed and I had to get the books submitted so it became a moot point.

I’ll probably work on the jam once conventions start back up. I’d rather knock it out in one or two shows than try to handle it by mail during the pandemic. I just wanted to get Perez off the list since he’s retired.

@KatKomics Yeah, his retirement is why I bit the bullet and went for the sketch. I love how compartmentalized the Infinity Gauntlet #1 cover is which makes it perfect for a jam piece. I just needed to make sure I got Perez to do the focal point of the whole thing!


Also, while I’m never one to complain about signatures on covers, I also recognize thoughtful placement and color choice and DAMN! The gold signature on the virgin foil cover is beautiful!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KatKomics It was a sketch opp arranged by an AW

awesome!! now that he is no longer doing conventions I need to keep my ear to the ground for such opportunities!!

off to drool at Perez stuff on CAF!! maybe I'll pony up and get something?

Spencer Beck reps him. www.theartistschoice.com is his website. His site is straight out of the 90's but he always answers emails quickly. Good luck!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@AndyRexia Makes sense, the AW did say that Starlin most likely wasn’t doing sketches but the signing was delayed and I had to get the books submitted so it became a moot point.

I’ll probably work on the jam once conventions start back up. I’d rather knock it out in one or two shows than try to handle it by mail during the pandemic. I just wanted to get Perez off the list since he’s retired.

@KatKomics Yeah, his retirement is why I bit the bullet and went for the sketch. I love how compartmentalized the Infinity Gauntlet #1 cover is which makes it perfect for a jam piece. I just needed to make sure I got Perez to do the focal point of the whole thing!


Also, while I’m never one to complain about signatures on covers, I also recognize thoughtful placement and color choice and DAMN! The gold signature on the virgin foil cover is beautiful!


Totally understand. Mailing a jam is never fun. It's stressful and nerve wracking.

That signature is killer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Huge Huge Starlin fan here. In fact, probably my favorite artist. Prior to pandemic, I go to roughly 12 - 15 conventions a year in the Northeast U.S., and Starlin is ALWAYS my first stop.
While everyone is running to get 1st dibs on comics at a show, I have patiently waited for Mr. Starlin to show up at his table ... knowing that he brings a tiny amount of originals for fans (roughly 10) that he creates before the show. He can often be up to a few hours late showing up to his table in the a.m., but waiting patiently I did anyway. I've been able to obtain these over the years before his injury to his hand. (and more free autographs than I can count). All these originals are about 9 X 12.
I know he charges for autographs now; as is the industry standard for creators, but these were obtained for the price of a 9.8 Modern nothing book.
Looking back, waiting at a table with no one there for hours was worth it.






Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot my Orion


Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 These are amazing! I never knew he brought originals to shows. I've only met him twice and received a few autographs but he's a really nice guy.

As a Starlin & Thanos fan, if you ever wanted to sell one of them one day, I'd be very interested! And if you are willing to part with one, DM me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Huge Huge Starlin fan here. In fact, probably my favorite artist. Prior to pandemic, I go to roughly 12 - 15 conventions a year in the Northeast U.S., and Starlin is ALWAYS my first stop.
While everyone is running to get 1st dibs on comics at a show, I have patiently waited for Mr. Starlin to show up at his table ... knowing that he brings a tiny amount of originals for fans (roughly 10) that he creates before the show. He can often be up to a few hours late showing up to his table in the a.m., but waiting patiently I did anyway. I've been able to obtain these over the years before his injury to his hand. (and more free autographs than I can count). All these originals are about 9 X 12.
I know he charges for autographs now; as is the industry standard for creators, but these were obtained for the price of a 9.8 Modern nothing book.
Looking back, waiting at a table with no one there for hours was worth it.






Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111, those are Amazing! he is a true talent. Congrats!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@infinityG you got it!
Post 13 IP   flag post
387911 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?