Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

FEDEX delivered to wrong address13126

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sent shipment to get comics graded and they shipped it to someone else.

I left my phone number with fedex but the guy didnt speak english as a native language and i have no idea what the hell he was talking about and he transferred me to a survey.

I understand everyone needs to make a living, but if you are dealing with customer service, why on earth would you select someone that doesnt speak english as a native language in the USA?

I hope to god i dont need to test insurance on this package.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Good luck and I hope you get your package safe and sound. That is ridiculous.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I understand everyone needs to make a living, but if you are dealing with customer service, why on earth would you select someone that doesnt speak english as a native language in the USA?

For the chance that a percentage of those complaining will give up, and they won't have to do anything.
Every penny counts, unless they're yours.
Good luck.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte hope all works out for you and you get your parcel
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to a)l the well wishes
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
jeez... sorry about this
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

For the chance that a percentage of those complaining will give up, and they won't have to do anything.
Every penny counts, unless they're yours.
Good luck.

For most large businesses only 5%-10% of their customers do enough volume to be important. For the rest of us it's "too bad so sad, you need us more than we need you". It's not like we're going to take down FedEx with a bad Yelp review. Testing the insurance may be your best hope in getting someone's attention. Good luck.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I got a call from FedEx. They said if was signed for by a distribution house. In theory it didn't go to some random soul. They said they would dispatch a truck to get it. Hopefully delivery today. However, tracking is all messed up and nothing works on their app currently.

But to put things in perspective. I just found out My dad needs emergency heart surgery. Mortality rate ranging from 20 to 28% depending on type of surgery to be done.

Somehow the comics aren't all that important anymore.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Praying that your father's surgery is successful @Bronte
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Godspeed....our thoughts are with you and your dad.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you for te well wishes.
Hopefully things go well.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Sending my good luck to your dad!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@MrNotSoNice

Thank you.
Apparently the surgeon is one of 4 in te state that can do the experimental surgery and according to his online presence, he is phenomenal. So he should be in good hands.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I got a call from FedEx. They said if was signed for by a distribution house. In theory it didn't go to some random soul. They said they would dispatch a truck to get it. Hopefully delivery today. However, tracking is all messed up and nothing works on their app currently.

But to put things in perspective. I just found out My dad needs emergency heart surgery. Mortality rate ranging from 20 to 28% depending on type of surgery to be done.

Somehow the comics aren't all that important anymore.

Sorry to hear that, I work in health care as long as the hospital is known for doing SUCCESSFUL heart surgery your father should be ok. Good luck
Post 14 IP   flag post
@teacha777

Yeah. The problem is compounded by the fact my dad is old. He is around 85. (They didn't have birth certificates in his country when he was born)

With an approximate 25% chance of death on the table, it tends to stress you out.

Thankfully he is taking this better than I am.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@teacha777

Yeah. The problem is compounded by the fact my dad is old. He is around 85. (They didn't have birth certificates in his country when he was born)

With an approximate 25% chance of death on the table, it tends to stress you out.

Thankfully he is taking this better than I am.

FWIW I’ve dealt with plenty of cardiac surgery patients around that age, that had great outcomes. If he isn’t obese (for the table) and doesn’t prefer being pampered(post surgery) the outcome should be a good one. Good luck!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@teacha777

Thank you for your input. There is no substitute for experience. Seeing as how my only experience was his 3x bypass my experience hardly counts .

He is about 125lbs so he is in relatively good health.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to a. stranger and put my mind at ease.

Mark
Post 17 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte my well wishes to your father and you.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Praying for the best outcome.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, hate to hear. Hope all goes well.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Called FedEx every day. The guy that signed for package no longer has package. FEDEX wouldnt give me address to go get it myself. They insisted I open a claim. I messed up and didn't get sig confirmation so I might be insured only up to the 200$ I said the books were worth. (I typically only insure 200$ the deductible amount for collect insure)

I emailed collect insure and rather than answer questions they have sent me a claim form to fill out. So it looks like I will soon have first hand experience on how their insurance functions for those of you that are curious.

Fedex supposedly takes 5-7 days to process claim. Collect insure I will update as I find out more.

Edit.

The books were indeed signed for. Apparently kinkos require signature when packages are sent to company. Just not to personal person.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Sorry to hear about the books.

Even more sorry to hear about your dad.

For what it’s worth, my dad had heart surgery and it was an artificial valve replacement.

Now, he was 70 then and obese and a sedentary lifestyle and he bounced back surprisingly well.

Sounds like you’ve got a great surgeon so try not to worry too much, but I totally get how stressful it is.

Good luck!
Post 22 IP   flag post
I go to see the new surgeon on the 29th. And I assume he will schedule surgery that day for as soon as possible. The doctor is like 1.5 hours drive away so we shall see how it goes. With covid, I might not even be allowed in the hospital until its time to pick him up. So yeah, although the books are frustrating at least its giving me something else to worry about. Lol
Post 23 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

FWIW, both my father and my brother have had heart valves replaced, both with open chest surgery. My Dad had it at age 72, he died age 85. My brother had it about 30 years ago, he is now age 69, doing fine and plays in a rock band. Another friend of ours had a valve replaced via arthroscopic surgery at age 90, he died age 96. So, I know a few guys that had this procedure, all had good outcomes, all had normal long lifespans.

We do over a million heart surgeries a year in America; including stents, bypasses, pacemakers, vascular surgeries and valve replacements; and have been for decades. These surgeries aren't nothing, but this is pretty well trod ground.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@MrNotSoNice

Apparently valve replacement is a higher risk for my dad in his particular case. They want to install a "clip" on his tricuspid valve.

If it is so specialized that only 4 people in the state know how to do this it is kinda scary. Fortunately the surgeon seems very competent according to Google.

I appreciate your input along with others on their experiences and well wishes. When you don't know what to say or do, even a kind word from a stranger does wonders.
Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Sorry to read about this. I hope everything ends well for you. Positive thoughts being sent your way.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@GAC

Its ok. Im sure the comics will show up somewhere.... j/k

The only good thing I can think of that can come out of this is my dad will reunite with mom. I seriously wonder how he hasn't passed from a broken heart since she passed.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Fedex said they shipped to CGC at the end of this debacle so they closed claim.

It looks like CGC recieved an order so they might actually have it. They dont list the books individually until grading so although I am pretty sure they have it I'm not 100%.

I informed collect insure of the fedex findings and asked how they wanted to proceed.

Edit

Found original packing receipt and matched numbers. They match so they did eventually get it.

=)

Looks like I'm lucky and don't need to find out how insurance works still.

=)
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Bronte Awesome news!!!!!! Hopefully you get your package back soon!
Post 29 IP   flag post
As an update to my dads situation.

Dad would have a difficult time with traditional surgery so they want to do a clip. The clip is NOT FDA approved. It is considered experimental but will be covered by insurance.

The surgery is apparently high risk so they want another surgeon there as well that specialized in something else. Kind of a back up from what I gathered.

They need to do a covid test.. if he passes that he comes back another day for outpatient tests to measure his valves and such that the first tests didn't get.

Then I need to meet 2nd surgeon.

Each visit is to a facility 2 hours away each direction.

If there is one thing I've learned from this. Dont take your loved ones for granted. Spend time with them and try not to let the little things bother you. In the end all you have is memories and you don't want them to be sour....
Post 30 IP   flag post
601475 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?