Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL 2020 Week 6 picks and discussion13110

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder lol! Thank you!! Yes..that was too low for 2 games...fixed it...🍻
Post 26 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Edded to correct GAC scores.

If you see a mistake or want to change anything, let me know.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
How the motherf*** you gonna go up 21-0 and then f***ing lose?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I feel for ya. The Vikes were ahead 13-0 at halftime last week and blew it. Today, they really played like a 1-4 (now 1-5) team.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I really shouldn't be surprised with just a small sample size as evidenced below to illustrate the futility the franchise has shown over the years. Yet I keep coming back for more.

Go to 3:10

Go to 1:25

Who could forget this gem of a play?

go to 2:40. It's like losing is an art form. I'll give that snap and hold an A for atrocious.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Jesse_O I really shouldn't be surprised with just a small sample size as evidenced below to illustrate the futility the franchise has shown over the years. Yet I keep coming back for more.

Go to 3:10

Go to 1:25

Who could forget this gem of a play?

go to 2:40. It's like losing is an art form. I'll give that snap and hold an A for atrocious.

The first and third videos I got messages that they were blocked by the NFL, but I get your point.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Now that I've eaten dinner, the team is still a couple seasons from being able to compete. Burrow is the real deal. No question. Kid is sharp. He'll take his lumps this season but I see a young Peyton Manning in him. The O line is a mess, especially with Bobby Hart. Bengals messed up bad letting Whitworth walk a few years back. They really missed on drafting O linemen who weren't busts. The D is extremely weak and I don't understand the scheme they want to run. It's looking like it will take the O putting up 30+ to have a chance at winning.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't come in on FB today till about 4 sec left in the TENN/HOU game and saw the TENN field goal for OT.
Seems the coach for HOU made a dumbass call going for 2 pts (the 2nd time) earlier in the game.
Anyway, I missed a really exciting game.

I was able to watch the entire GB/TB game. I was concerned when GB quickly/easily took a 10-0 lead, but TB powered back with 38 un-answered points. LOVED IT!

I watched the hilites of the WASH/NY game. WTF is Rivera doing calling a 2 pt play when they could have easily tied for OT..??? Maybe he's programmed for good draft picks next year.
Kyle Allen was on fire though.
Anybody know what's the deal with Dwayne Haskins?... Is he injured or benched?
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder it sounds like Haskins is still recovering from an illness. He did practice, but it sounds like they just wanted to rest him this week.

And when I want Rodgers to perform for my fantasy team, he flubs. He ended up with 3.8 fantasy points!!! He's the QB on my undefeated number one league team!!! I'm still ahead, but even if Rodgers would of gotten 15 points, it would have made me feel better about my chances!! As it is, I hope Diggs has a great game tomorrow!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tonight I picked the Rams to win but I'm rooting for SF,... although Kyle Shanahan (HC) doesn't deserve it.

While watching tonight's game, one of the commentators announced that Tampa was traveling to Las Vegas next week.

LV just kicked the crap out of KC (at KC's home).
TB just kicked the crap out of GB.

I think TB/LV is going to be an exciting game to watch next week!
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I've got to agree with ya. I think that the TB/LVgame next week will be a good one!!! I'm liking the Raiders more now that they are in Vegas. One good thing about next week, I don't have to worry about the Vikes losing!!! They are on a bye. LOL
Post 36 IP   flag post
Minnesota lost a legend in sports today. Sid Hartman was a fixture in Minnesota sports!!! He will be missed!!

Post 37 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I'm liking the Raiders. I've been rooting for them since they moved to LV as well.

I've been searching for a new team since my Redskins are no longer a Football Team. See what I did there?

Even though I wasn't too thrilled with the Raiders beating Washington in Super Bowl XVIII (I believe), I must admit I've been a 'closet Raiders fan' for many years. I hope they go all the way!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I've been searching for a new team since my Redskins are no longer a Football Team. See what I did there?

I keep getting a chuckle from calling them the Fore-Skins. I probably should evolve my sense of humor.
I've returned to the Raiders, but it did take a death at the head of the front office to bring me back as a fan.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
How the motherf*** you gonna go up 21-0 and then f***ing lose?

I feel your pain. The Lions seem to blow double digit leads every week! Choosing a second team really does seem to ease the frustration somewhat. The biggest difference between good teams and bad teams, personnel notwithstanding, is that good coaches make in game adjustments to win games. In that Raiders game last week, KC scored touchdowns on 3 consecutive drives. Instead of tanking, the Raiders made the correct adjustments, shut down what the Chiefs were doing and came back to win the game. That is the difference between good coaching and mediocre coaching!

As for the Lions, they actually impressed this week. They jumped out to an early lead, as usual, but didn’t blow it for a change. While that says something about the Jacksonville coaches and their inability to make the in-game adjustments that other teams were able to make, the Lions also deserve some credit for their improved performance on defense. Their execution of the fundamentals was greatly improved. They shut down the run, pressured the quarterback and made far less self defeating mistakes such as missed tackles and bad penalties. They still have some issues on the back end, but if the defense can continue to execute, the Lions actually have a chance to get back into the mix given their soft schedule over the next several weeks. I am cautiously optimistic.

As for the other action this week, the Green Bay/ Tampa Bay showdown did not live up to expectations. I was crazy busy at work during that period, so I wasn’t uber-focused on what was happening, but it seemed like Aaron Rodgers was really off his game. And the team formerly known as the Washington Redskins really let me down! I have to echo @Pre_Coder’s “WTF!” there. And by now I should know better than to pick Minnesota to win. Lesson learned. I caught the end of the Houston/ Tennessee game. That was exciting! And I had a feeling that the 49ers might right the ship this week, but after they laid two eggs in a row I just couldn’t bring myself to pick them. I should have listened to my gut there.

Looking forward to the double header tonight!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Argh!

What a rough week.

How did I get sucked into believing in the Vikings...

Ah, well...
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Pre_Coder it sounds like Haskins is still recovering from an illness. He did practice, but it sounds like they just wanted to rest him this week.
@Pre_Coder @Jesse_O No, Haskins was benched before Week 5 game and demoted to third string. He likely has played his last game in DC. It's been reported that the benching has less to do with his game play and more to do with his work habits and preparation. Basically, he's not doing what they want him to do during the week and during practices.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Lonestar wow!!!! I just read the NFL fantasy notes. They made it sound like it was because of his illness the week before. Thanks for the update!
Post 43 IP   flag post
@Lonestar Thanks for the update!

Today I picked KC for the win but I'm rooting for BUF.

Tonight I picked DAL for the win and I'm actually rooting for them.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
And when I want Rodgers to perform for my fantasy team, he flubs. He ended up with 3.8 fantasy points!!! He's the QB on my undefeated number one league team!!! I'm still ahead, but even if Rodgers would of gotten 15 points, it would have made me feel better about my chances!! As it is, I hope Diggs has a great game tomorrow!!!

So, Diggs did not have a great game. I was VERY nervous that what happened, would happen. My opponent had 3 players playing the last game tonight. It was only because Arizona was totally dominant that I won. If Murray or Kirk had gotten one yard in the last two minutes, I would have lost!!! I hope they don't adjust any totals!!!!

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
If I am reading the spreadsheet correctly, @Pre_Coder is this week’s winner with a score of -4. Well done, my friend!
Post 46 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 IP   flag post
601229 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?