Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Not sure if slab was tampered with..13107

Collector Wontizzl private msg quote post Address this user
So bought my first cbcs slab from eBay. the slab is a few years old. Its a yellow label with a date from 2016. Anyway upon inspecting it the sides were pretty rough and i can fit my fingers through the middle of the case which the internet told me was normal. I'll include pictures. Anyway my main concern is the label looking all wavey its not flat inside the plastic chamber. Tried taking pictures of it i can't get a good shot of it. So my question is, is it normal for an old label to be wavey in its plastic chambe or could it have been tampered with?. Also one question off topic the yellow label doesn't say "witnessed" just a date was it still actually witnessed or just verified. This is my first time ever posting to any forum ever if i did something wrong i apologize Sorry for being such a noob and thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
No tampering. That's just the way some of the old-style slabs looked. The new ones are much nicer from everything I hear.

Welcome to the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's fine.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontizzl
Also one question off topic the yellow label doesn't say "witnessed" just a date was it still actually witnessed or just verified.

To answer your second question, the “Witnessed/Verified” notation on the label was not introduced until the third label revision so the earlier slabs distinguished witnessed from verified by whether they included the date or not.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That signature was witnessed since it specifies the date and location.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on you first CBCS comic and welcome to the forum!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wontizzl private msg quote post Address this user
@steveinthecity @flanders @dielinfinite @flanders @DWeeB1967 @DrWatson thanks for the help and the warm welcome, really appreciated it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Wontizzl an easy way to see that it is untampered is the heat seal which goes from the inner well to the label (last "E" in Signature)
Post 8 IP   flag post
600869 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?