Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grade help - ASM 30013014

Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this on eBay. Supposed to be a super high grade. Seller thought 9.6 but said that he's not a grader. It's been so hard to get a clean raw copy.
It has a lot of spine ticks but most of them non color breaking. Can they get pressed out? With a press any thoughts on how it could grade?
Thanks!! 🙏

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
The press will take care of the press-able dings on the back cover, however the scuffs, surface wear and blunted corners will take this book out of the 9.0 range. I'm going to say without further examination of the book you'll receive an 8.5. I am of course going by Overstreet's Guide to Grading Comics. Just my opinion.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
If you paid 9.6 raw price tag, return it with eBay's buyer protection.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It's a solid book but it's not a 9.6. If pressing removes the non colour breaking dents it's possible to squeak out 9.0/9.2 but I think @Doc_Cop is more correct at an 8.5. If you got higher it would be a really good day but sometimes people score really good days. Nice book tho.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492

Not a 9.6, that’s for sure. Has multiple color breaking ticks. Blunted corner on bottom of spine and the front top and bottom corners aren’t square.

I would say it may get a 9.0... on a good day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the '8.5 after press' club as well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

Since you’re fairly active on this forum, I’m wondering if it’s often tempting to chime in on threads like these (although it’s very understandable why you don’t).
Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think Borock has stated in the past he doesn't grade off pictures. So I would gamble that its no, not tempting.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Solid book. I remember buying it off the spinner rack back in the day. My initial opinion was 8.5, but could very easily be 9.0. Congrats (even if not a 9.6).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everybody for your input. I really appreciate it. I contacted the seller and he agreed to send me a partial refund so that its in line with a 9.0 rather than a 9.6.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Batworldfan private msg quote post Address this user
It's a close call but I'm thinking after press, 9.2 from CGC is more likely, based on what we can see. Dark color covers see also ASM #361, do tend be harder to get the highest grades.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601274 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?