Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

Join the Iron Man #1, Sub-Mariner #1, and Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #112992

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The stories in Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 are continuations of stories that were started in the April 1968 one-shot comic called Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1, appropriately enough.

So you need all three books to read the stories. Show them here and join the club!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books my friend.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I only have 2/3
=(

Post 3 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Don't have a ironman 1. Missed the boat a decade ago when I picked these 2 books up. And a 9.4 with white pages would be a bit too pricey for my liking
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - But they are super-high grades! Awesome books.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I only have 2/3
=(

Man oh man... I wish I had those 2/3!!
As Meatloaf once said ... 2 out of 3 aint bad
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Thanks. Glad I wasn't kicked outta the club.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@southerncross - As Meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad! Especially when you too have such amazing grades.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 - Again, great minds think alike!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I sold my low grade Subby 1 & Iron Man 1 to fund a bigger key. I need to join these clubs again someday.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, this is one club that I've never joined, not even partway. Nice books, everyone.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I bought those 3 at cover price when they came out and still have them.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Just found out when I bought my books and the price I paid off heritage.

Post 14 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo that sub mariner looks familiar
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Can't touch this club, much as I would like.

Hell, just a few years ago it seemed like that Iron Man/Subby single issue was everywhere.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man 1 is still on the list!!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user

Sold my Submariner 1 about 15yrs ago probably for peanuts haven’t replaced it yet ! 🤦‍♂️
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Ironwill75 - Love the one shilling price stamp on your Iron Man! Some collectors dislike date and other stamps on covers, but I think it makes the book more unique and also tells you about the history and provenance of the book.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Cheers
Yeah it never bothers me I like the History and the journey the comic has been through. Like you say it does make it different it would be dull if they were all the same 👍🍻
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Another 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Post 23 IP   flag post
601479 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?