Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Copper AgeQuestionsSignatures

getting if off my chest12952

Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
and blowing steam. last April for the first time i decided to send in some comics to be signed by capullo . as of today still no books. yesterday i got a call from a local comic shop asking me if i wanted to order some signed comic, I asked from who , he said Greg Capullo. I said when are they do to come in he says.....................drum roll please.......october 14 2020. all i could do was offer some choice words.......end of story,,,,,,,,decide for your self
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason, I thought this thread would be about bra burning.
Post 2 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@chefcomics I am waiting for some books from that singing also.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector HarrisonMade private msg quote post Address this user
If my memory serves me right from a previous conversation or post. The books are moving slowly due to waiting for some books to come back before being shipped over for grading. In which part of that process is anyone’s guess, but can’t really compare each signing the same. There could have been a delay in shipping, artist signing schedule or who knows. Plus you have to think that LCS may be dealing with, maybe 50-100 books or less. How many do you think the mail-in signing had sent in? Probably well over that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Stupid autocorrect should be signing
Post 5 IP   flag post
50 100 1000 books what does it matter 6 months!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonMade
If my memory serves me right from a previous conversation or post. The books are moving slowly due to waiting for some books to come back before being shipped over for grading. In which part of that process is anyone’s guess, but can’t really compare each signing the same. There could have been a delay in shipping, artist signing schedule or who knows. Plus you have to think that LCS may be dealing with, maybe 50-100 books or less. How many do you think the mail-in signing had sent in? Probably well over that.

In the future with artist as popular as Capullo maybe in person signings are the way to go like CGC did with McFarlane. The turnaround on that number of books was amazing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The artist has to physically sign each book, every order needs to be accounted for and kept in proper order before and after signing, then processed for grading submissions, then accounted for per order. That’s a lot of moving parts. You expect the same turn around time as regular submissions for a bulk order containing an unknown number of individual submissions?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This was posted by Matt on the CBCS Facebook page a half hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Signing Updates!
Here is the latest info on our signings. I’ve got a lot of books back recently and am going through them as fast as I can. I appreciate your patience as I know normal waiting is hard enough, let alone the waiting this year has brought us all.

-Capullo, Snyder, Cates, Steg etc
I Just got a batch back from Capullo. Most but not all books are now signed. I am sorting through and putting orders together to be sent in for grading. I will be emailing anyone who’s books are still waiting to be signed once I have everything sorted.

-Mirka Andolfo - Books are signed and in hand.

-Tom Taylor - Still waiting for books back from Tom, will update as soon as I have more info.

-James Tynion/Mattina/Parillo/Cohen/Inhyuk Lee - Books are back from Tynion signing. All orders that only needed James will be going in the next shipment to Dallas. Multi sign books are already on their way to be added to books for each artist so they can be signed.

-Bermejo - Cutoff ended. Any remaining books sent in will be invoiced soon.

-Middleton - Still accepting books until this sat 9/26

-Mark Brooks - Still accepting books till Oct 16th

-Next Mail-In Signing-
James Tynion IV/Jorge Jimenez - more info this week. New address to send signing books, price etc.

We have another 3 starting in October as well that will be announced shortly.

Thanks
Matt
Post 9 IP   flag post
I see what you are saying. I am happy with the standard grading service. (Few hundred books in). This signing experience waste of my time and money.my final concern. Will this effect the quality of the books moving all around the country? Just getting it off my chest. 👌 over it
Post 10 IP   flag post
600866 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?