Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies Television

11 of my comics up for Auction at Heritage12951

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Link Below

So, I have a somewhat eclectic group of comics with a $1 no reserve starting bid currently up for auction at Heritage. Here are the brief particulars:

Amazing Spider-Man 361 cgc 9.8
Amazing Spider-Man 362 cgc 9.8
Amazing Spider-Man 363 cgc 9.8
Deadpool #1 (1993) cgc 9.8
Harbinger #4 (1992) CBCS 9.6
Moon Knight #1 (1980) CBCS 9.8
Spider-Man 2099 #1 CBCS 9.8
Star Wars #1 (1977) CBCS 9.4
Superman the Man of Steel #18 cgc 9.8 Signature Series
Uncanny X-Men #136 CBCS 9.8
WildC.A.T.s #1 (1992) CBCS 9.8

If interested in any of these, here is the direct link: clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Also, in case you haven’t bid through heritage, keep in mind that they add a buyer premium
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I’ve bought coins from heritage in the past at a 17% BP. Is it the same for comics ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Also, in case you haven’t bid through heritage, keep in mind that they add a buyer premium
at least it shows what your total bid is with the buyers premium!! Lets me know when to stop!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector daredevilart private msg quote post Address this user
BP is 20%, plus sales tax, plus 3.5% if you pay by credit card.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevilart

Plus...they allow shills as an added bonus.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
Quote:

I've yet to entertain bidding with HA once I found out about that. It's kind of a shame because I feel that HA has some really nice stuff.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
Quote:

I've yet to entertain bidding with HA once I found out about that. It's kind of a shame because I feel that HA has some really nice stuff.

earlier this year I shockingly won a number of items - I say shockingly because I bid with the premium in mind and rarely go over FMV in total...so when I win at or below even with the premium I take the items and run baby run!!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
So made a few bids on your books. Got your Star Wars up a bit. Good luck on your sales. Let us know how you made out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I have picked up a few toys and comics on their site over the past couple of years. On the shill bidding, PropStore is pretty blatant. They have their own people bidding right up to the reserve. On Heritage, I haven't had the sense that they have their own people bidding, as on some of the items I won, they just didn't have that much movement. I think that with most auction venues, there is that possibility that we may be up against a shill, but if I win something that I wanted below market, then I am happy and don't worry about the possibility.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I, and others I know here and elsewhere, have put up probably close to $100K or more in books in just the last month or so of auctions @ HA.com

To say we have been underwhelmed by the numbers Heritage's audience generates is an understatement.

The BP plus the tax and credit card hit means you're absolutely not going to come even close to GPA for most of the stuff. 75% - 80% at best. I keep telling myself "but look at all the time you're saving." Which is just a lie.

I kind of regret my decision, and I think too much hassle to pull my remaining stuff and have it sent back.
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've always felt like I've missed stuff by never searching Heritage. So, I go search their site. I can never remember my login information and then decide it's all too complicated and a pain in the ass to remember the bidding strategy. Ultimately, I just give up and quit fooling with it until I forget about it after a few years and then try again.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot my login information for HA years ago. Whenever I do the "forgot my password" link, I get a message to call them to reactivate my account. Of course, they say to call during business hours. Honestly, it's not important enough to me to remember to call them during the day.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson
@Jesse_O

You two must be part of my family. Your posts exactly describe me and my interactions with Heritage.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamoto

I, and others I know here and elsewhere, have put up probably close to $100K or more in books in just the last month or so of auctions @ HA.com

To say we have been underwhelmed by the numbers Heritage's audience generates is an understatement.

Ouch, hadn’t seen any recent feedback like that. Pretty much of the comics listed there this year that I track or bid on have been going near market. The closest bargain that i actually won was the Stan lee SS Iron Man / Sub Mariner a couple of months ago. As of early this morning, my 9.8 X-Men 136 had 0 bids which I was rather surprised at. But will see how it goes. If bargains are going to happen, hopefully some CBCS forum members are the beneficiaries.
Post 16 IP   flag post
One day left. There look to be dome bargains for you!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Down to the final 5 hours. To paraphrase an old addage...Bid early and bid often!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Doc_Cop - Some good results some not so good. Overall, slightly underwhelmed. There is another Star Wars 1 9.4 that will be coming up in another auction, not sure when as of yet. I think after that I will not use Heritage in the future.

Anyone here win any of the below?

$480 - Amazing Spider-Man 361 cgc 9.8
$110 - Amazing Spider-Man 362 cgc 9.8
$110 - Amazing Spider-Man 363 cgc 9.8
$ 80 - Deadpool #1 (1993) cgc 9.8
$ 12 - Harbinger #4 (1992) CBCS 9.6
$ 240 - Moon Knight #1 (1980) CBCS 9.8
$ 42 - Spider-Man 2099 #1 CBCS 9.8
$200 - Star Wars #1 (1977) CBCS 9.4
$ 90 - Superman the Man of Steel #18 cgc 9.8 Signature Series
$180 - Uncanny X-Men #136 CBCS 9.8
$ 54- WildC.A.T.s #1 (1992) CBCS 9.8
Post 19 IP   flag post
600864 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?