Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL 2020 week 3 picks and discussion thread12942

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Here we go again... My mark on the ATL Chicago game didn't stick for some reason.

I'm taking Atlanta.

Post 2 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck to all.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Many interesting games this week. Should be a very entertaining week. Monday night should be another epic game between Mahomes and Jackson. Sunday night should be good as well, especially if New Orleans gets Michael Thomas back. They really missed him last night. Many other games should be good as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not doing so good..maybe this week will turn it around??

Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Some seriously tough games to pick this week. I went back and forth on MANY of these picks and am still not overly confident in my selections. So much is different this season. For example, there is no home field advantage this year for the most part. Without fans in the stands the games may as well being played at a neutral site. This impacts some teams more than others, but definitely makes picking winners more difficult.

And what the heck is going on with Philadelphia and Minnesota? Both teams have had very poor showings in their first two games. I haven’t been able to watch either team yet this year but the results so far are quite alarming. In spite of the way these teams have played so far, both have winnable games this week and I just can’t see either team falling to 0-3 on the year.

I am taking the Lions over Arizona for much the same reason: desperation. This is a must win game for Patricia and company, while Arizona thus far has exceeded expectations and is riding high. This game may be a reality check for them.

Other games that are basically toss ups are Raiders/ Pats, Houston/ Pittsburgh, Dallas/ Seattle and KC/ Baltimore. All very tough calls and likely each of these will come down to the very end. My thinking in these types of games is to take the team with the better defense, so that’s what I did, with the exception of Houston, whom I think is the more desperate team.

Hopefully I guessed right more than I guessed wrong, but I can easily see this being an 8-8 type of week.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cbpi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
Good luck everyone!!!

Post 11 IP   flag post
@zdoes10 has been doing a GREAT job on the spreadsheets. I'm thinking of either posting a running list of them in the beginning post each week, or starting a new thread for just them. I'm kind of leaning with posting the running list each week, but what does everyone else think? I thought it would be cool to keep track of them.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Agreed about @zdoes10 and I vote for the running list beginning post each week.
Post 13 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O
Which ever is easiest for you
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Upset pick of the week: Football Team of DC over the Brownies. The WFT worked for me in week one as an upset pick so I'm going with them again.

My Fantasy Football move of the week. Put Deshaun Watson on the bench (don't like the match up against Pittsburgh's defense) and I'm starting Gardner Minshew vs Miami in tonight's game. Hope it works out for me.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Minshew can sling it when the Jags let him. He catches some laughs for his mustache, but the guy can play.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Miami - 31
Jacksonville - 13

WOW... I sure as heck wasn't expecting that!

I like it, even though I picked the Jags for the win.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ok, do I start Tannerhill (Titans vs Vikings) or Rodgers (Packers vs Saints) this week on a fantasy team? NFL fantasy gives a slight edge to Tannerhill. Fantasy Pros "Start or Sit" says to start Rodgers with only a slight edge on fantasy points. The Vikings defense SUCKS and we lost Barr for the season. The Saints defense got spanked by the Raiders on MNF, but were SPECTACULAR in week one. I'm thinking Tannerhill. I think there is a better chance of the Saints Defense shutting down Rodgers than the Vikings defense shutting down Tannerhill. I'd like to hear more thoughts on this though. I'm not really comfortable with making that call. I will admit it might be my Viking pride.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
For my fantasy team I'm starting Kyler Murray over Mahomes this week.

Can anyone play the pick 'em (starting next week, since the Thurs. game has already been played)?
Post 20 IP   flag post
@ShallaBal yes. Just download the blank picks at the top, fill it out and post.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Great--I'll start next week. Thanks @Studley_Dudley!
Post 22 IP   flag post
@ShallaBal I've actually got three fantasy teams going this year. On another one, I have Mahomes and Roethlisberger. Is there something going on with Mahomes that caused you to bench him? And yes, join in next week!!! This is all just for fun!! The more the merrier!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O, no, nothing going on with Mahomes.

I've been starting Mahomes but I lost by only a few points last week (ESPN league) so I'm trying Murray this week. In my ESPN league he's scored more points each of the last 2 weeks than Mahomes has so I want to give him a shot.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Well, I'm sure that Rodgers will out score Tannerhill, but I'll win that fantasy match up this week anyways. The other teams' players are all done and thanks to Lockett, I'm crushing him!!!

In other news, the Vikings suck!!! They looked sssoooo good the first half!!! Oh well. The Bears are killing it this year!! I'm pulling for them in the NFC North. The Vikes aren't going to make it to the playoffs unless something DRASTICALLY changes!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Not a loss!

Post 26 IP   flag post
How would you like me to mark the spreadsheet for the CinPhil Game?
Green for win, blank for not a win, or a different color?
Post 27 IP   flag post
@zdoes10 whatever works for you!! I like the green and blank that you did last week. But now, since we have a tie, maybe do a different color for ties?
Post 28 IP   flag post
This is football related so I thought I'd post here....scary story with positive outcome...Joe knows Superbowls and thwarting kidnap attempts..

clickable text
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Good football this week. It was nice to hear real fans in the stands for some of the games. I started off the day with Raiders/Pats. Still trying to learn how to cheer for a different team; not as simple as you may think. I wanted the Raiders to win, but since I took the Patriots in the pick ‘em I found myself perfectly happy with the result. That would never happen with the Lions. Even if I pick against them I would never be happy with a Lions loss. When I realized the Raiders weren’t going to win I switched over to Minnesota just in time for them to blow it against Tennessee. I am not sure what is wrong there but never in a million years did I expect them to start 0-3. Hell, they are now looking up at Detroit! They are also killing me in the pick ‘ems as I am pretty sure I picked them to win every single week😑. After the Minnesota debacle I caught the overtime in Philly. Not sure what is wrong there either but Philly couldn’t get out of their own way in the overtime. At the end of it I got the feeling that they were happy to get the tie. I then headed to Arizona where the Lions finally got into win column. The defense still has serious issues, but they were much better against the run this week and also picked off Kyler Murray 3 times. I’m not feeling a huge winning streak or a playoff run in the near future, but it was a good feeling just to get a win and end that pesky 11 game losing streak. And the Sunday finale lived up to all expectations. What a great game!

Looks like this week is going to come down to the tiebreaker. As of now there are 2 people at -3, both of whom have KC tomorrow night, and two people at -4, both of whom have Baltimore tomorrow. If KC wins it will be a two way tie. If Baltimore wins, a four way tie. I’m just glad to be in the mix for a change!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601305 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?