Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

tiny collection finally posted for review, please.12934

Collector rick13336 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
What do you mean review?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I think he/she/it means let them know if their comics are worth anything. I've decided to pass due to even more extreme laziness than the poster.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@rick13336 Nice books, but if you're hoping to fund a vacation in Cozumel, I'd reconsider.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
They're fun books, no doubt, love me some Knightfall and some 90's X-Men. Nothing to retire on but all collections start somewhere, preferably with characters and stories you love. Start there then see what you're in it for. If you want just the stories you have a wealth of options from digital comics, to trades, to fat omnibuses. If you want to hunt for books, there are books for every budget and you can start by finding books that are special to you that may not be particularly expensive and then it kind of snowballs and you're suddenly spending way too much and you might have a problem, but it's totally okay because you're just getting ONE MORE BOOK and then you're totally gonna stop, unless you find something you really want but it's totally under control, totally
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
What is the proper spelling of Drek?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Some fun reading in there.

If the Batgirl Special is 9.6/9.8, it might be worth slabbing. I seem to remember it’s a minor key.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
lots of NEWSSTAND editions in there. if tomorrow one of those comix is a key then the NEWSSTAND is the edition to have
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Some fun reading in there.

If the Batgirl Special is 9.6/9.8, it might be worth slabbing. I seem to remember it’s a minor key.

Last Batgirl story before the Killing Joke (where the Joker disables Babs).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I have that Wally!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say what @dielinfinite said.

Everyone gets their start somewhere, and all comics are worth something, whether it's a super valuable key or just holds sentimental value for you.

There are some amazing collections that you'll see on this board, and I'd just bet that they all started with some books that might now be considered "worthless."

Now, if you're trying to encapsulate them, I'd definitely do some research on Ebay, GoCollect and others to best maximize your value, but if you're slabbing a comic that holds sentimental value to you, then that's perfectly fine, too.

Good luck, and hope to see more books!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica

I'm guessing you don't think the MCU is going to announce Wally the Wizard in his own three picture deal where he forms the defenders, and we have the epic Avengers/ Defenders war coming to theaters soon?

All joking aside, I think I gave my copy of Wally away, and just watch that actually become a key...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
That sure is a eclectic pile of books.

As others said you would get more out of reading them then trying to sell them...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Nice diverse group of comics rick13336. Do you have any collecting goals for the future?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing! I agree with one other, the Batgirl #1 seems to be the stand-out. Enjoy!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe worth $50? Don’t do moderns so hard to tell.
You mentioned some months ago you split up your collection, and your son got a number of books. Were they similar, moderns?
Hopefully he got the best of the pile.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600734 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?