Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Don't wanna beat on a 'dead' horse...12879

Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
I’m just here for the comments before the lock.
What's a lock? A Comic Authority Code thing? Not into censorship and rather deal with myself being offended.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo
Quote:
What's a lock? A Comic Authority Code thing? Not into censorship and rather deal with myself being offended.

When a conversation crosses the lines set forth in the Forum Rules, moderators lock the thread.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Weiners
ketchup, you saying that to me?
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:

I had the over/ under at 35 comments...

Shouldn't be any trouble. Everyone's just enjoying themselves.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Iron Fist.....is that a night club stage act??
You're not a fan... was it the yellow slippers?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I know. I was just joining in.

But, I don't think I'm old enough for KatKomics fist joke!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I know. I was just joining in.

But, I don't think I'm old enough for KatKomics fist joke!
And I don't wanna get that old. Agreed, I was just butt sore they did Iron Fist like that.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Form rules are censorship, I like people speaking their minds. We don't have to agree. But not into name-calling or hating. That's a personal lock. Everything else free-range even 'Iron Fisting.' lol
Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Weiners
ketchup, you saying that to me?
Nope, just sayin.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed Daredevil, defenders and punisher
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I enjoyed Daredevil, defenders and punisher

Forgot about “Punisher”, that wasn’t bad. I’m still waiting for a comics accurate Punisher, but this was a step in the right direction.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Never acured to me as kid my favorite character was a blind, redheaded, lawyer and every other issue he seemed scared as all... Thr man without fear part was really him dealing with fear, pain - cooler to be the man/woman who overcomes their fear and acts. Getting back up is the coolest part. And I'll practice being more grateful or start making my own stories. But wished they'd treat source material as sacred. Amen
Post 37 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Jessica Jones. But mostly because they did right by the Purple Man, one of the creepier of the under-utilized villains. The back-story of Jessica having been his personal slave for months and killing Luke Cages wife was pretty intense and creepy.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@robo

The Frank Miller Daredevil really set the standard, and it’s tough to convey all that inner dialogue on film.

I’ll be curious if DD ever hits the big screen.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@robo

The Frank Miller Daredevil really set the standard, and it’s tough to convey all that inner dialogue on film.

I’ll be curious if DD ever hits the big screen

Again?

I did like the Netflix series.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
@robo

I’ll be curious if DD ever hits the big screen

Again?

I did like the Netflix series.

I had completely wiped the affleck one from my memory.

Thanks for the reminder.

I guess I’d like to see him in the MCU.
Post 41 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
What's the "dead horse" here, exactly?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Yep thinking back I did enjoy Daredevil. That scene in the stairwell where he attacks on his way down was superbly shot. It didn't look like a break in filming. And when he knocks out a half a dozen enemies. He stops for a few seconds to get in some deep breaths and his at it again.
And I enjoyed the fights where he just didn't knock out all enemies. And they'd get up to have another go at him.
And the casting of Kingpin was amazing.
He really looked and acted like Fisk
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
And the casting of Kingpin was amazing.
He really looked and acted like Fisk

The casting of Vincent D'Onofrio was spectacular. They really nailed that character. There’s a scene in episode 3 or 4 where he’s putting on his suit and in the mirror, he sees himself as the tortured child of his youth. It’s haunting.

As a side note, I asked Vincent D'Onofrio on Twitter years ago if any particular comics inspired his interpretation of Kingpin? He replied simply, “Born Again”. I thought that was cool.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
dead horse = Netflix, after recent 'cuties' release.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
@robo

I’ll be curious if DD ever hits the big screen.
But that's classic film noir - the inner dialogue. syncs with hells kitchen. I liked the narration version of Blade Runner but many really didn't not including Harrison. Big Miller fan! I always took Daredevil as a pretty romantic story - black widow, Electra... I'm a big fan of a R films, frank millers story, and cinematography style. But they did kinda burn that story out - so many wacks at it... but it is about a blind redheaded catholic lawyer. Can you imagine pitching that to even yourself?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I liked all of the shows on Netflix except most of Iron Fist, I thought it was really slow. I was also sad to hear they stopped. They were entertaining and gave new interest to the characters.
Post 47 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Coming from someone who has always found Daredevil kind of lame, I enjoyed the series.
Post 48 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Beating a dead horse: "an exhausted or profitless topic or issue".

2 cents: I really don't think this topic fits that profile.

Netflix has plenty of hits, and plenty of misses, as do most production companies.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@robo

Yeah, in comics that’s inner monologue is great. It doesn’t translate all that well to film, with a few exceptions: Sin City, Chinatown, I’m sure there’s some others I’m forgetting.

Either way, I liked the realistic nature of the fighting in Daredevil, but the thing that bugged me was it always seemed like it was low budget.

Just my take...
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Daredevil really was fantastic. As much as I'd like to see him in the MCU, I fear they're somehow going to ruin the character. I hope he's handled correctly.
Jessica Jones had some very good moments & held my interest, though I thought season 2 dragged on forever....Season 3 was better, but not as good as 1.
Punisher season 1 was great, season 2 I didn't like much, a big step down.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
@robo

Yeah, in comics that’s inner monologue is great. It doesn’t translate all that well to film, with a few exceptions: Sin City, Chinatown, I’m sure there’s some others I’m forgetting.

Either way, I liked the realistic nature of the fighting in Daredevil, but the thing that bugged me was it always seemed like it was low budget.

Just my take...
For sure Jabberwookie, I'm into everybody enjoying themselves their take. And anything I'm writing is just mine... That could be the next exception like Sin City. Just for fun remind me of a film where that didn't work. DD might be cursed. But with good writing, acting, camera work, and a director you can make low budget work. We've all seen that missing in films and no budget can fix failures. Good stories. But if ya like something I'm not gonna say otherwise - awesome.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Beating a dead horse: "an exhausted or profitless topic or issue".

2 cents: I really don't think this topic fits that profile.

Netflix has plenty of hits, and plenty of misses, as do most production companies.
Oops yeah should have been more like 'don't wanna kick a dog when it's down.' But ehh kicking a live dog - or 'don't wanna be beating on a dead dog" Nope, just... 'The Netflix version of Iron Fist bummed me out.' But The Batman looks to be good.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@robo

Can’t think of any off the top of my head that flopped, but more most movies just steer clear of the inner monologue, in general.

It can work, but I think it needs to be done sparingly.

Either way, it’s really a minor complaint for me.

I’m just wanting to see the new Batman movie.
Post 54 IP   flag post
598093 54 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?