Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Comics coming to bookstores and newsstands!!12876

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday, Mitch Breitweiser posted an update on the Red Rooster Indiegogo campaign page. For those that don't know, the campaign exceeded expectations and a new comic book publishing company was launched because of it's success. The company is Allegiance Arts and they currently have 4 titles available in a lot of Walmarts. Well, it sounds like the company is just going to grow larger!!! It sounds as if more creators are joining the company. But the exciting thing to me is that comics will be in bookstores and newsstands again!!! It may take some time, Mitch offers no timeline, but it sounds great to me!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O That's awesome!!! How cool will it be to see comics in other places than comic shops....makes one feel a little nostalgic. Nice!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Of this takes off then it will be a great thing for the hobby - actual new collectors who remember actual comic books from childhood!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I want to see a newly designed spinner rack (that protects the books) or even a vending machine for comic books. That would be cool. Already bagged and boarded books distributed by a vending machine, yeah, that's the ticket!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! Reimagining the distribution system is something that absolutely MUST happen for comics to remain viable. This is a huge step in the right direction.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster absolutely disagree - you want kids, not collectors or speculators, to buy the comics for the joy of the story and as a pastime. They should be as accessible and open as possible, not hidden in special bags or machines.

If you want mint books, go buy them the day they come out, pick out the nicest ones, and bag/board them yourself. Let the kids be kids and the enjoyment of the stories and art rule and attract them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Scout Comics has done a vending machine.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@QuaBrot I was referring to the topic of the thread. I wasn't inferring that kids get left out of the collecting experience and not at all stopping them from going to an actual comic book store. When comic books get mixed into a magazine rack at say, WalMart, the condition get trashed. It's great for kids that are going to roll them up and put in their back pocket but, not for collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The company is Allegiance Arts and they currently have 4 titles available in a lot of Walmarts. Well, it sounds like the company is just going to grow larger!!! It sounds as if more creators are joining the company. But the exciting thing to me is that comics will be in bookstores and newsstands again!!!
@QuaBrot
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
That would be amazing to see comics in mainstream places, this is what the industry really needs. Who cares about grade you should be buying new comics to read over and over when your a kid.Dog man by the captain underpants creator just sold five million copies of the latest issue, five million and climbing. While Superman and Spider-Man with a fan base of hundreds of millions are drowning. The Marvel and DC higher ups should pay close attention and make their comics kid friendly available everywhere. Five million, five million in a few weeks for one issue!!! The markets there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
Here are several pictures displaying some of the artwork from the 1st issues, enjoy.

Post 10 IP   flag post
600652 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?