Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

When is it advisable to press/re-slab in hopes of improving value?12873

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Correct...mine went on the Express tier..10 business day for Pressing and (now) 8 business day for Grading (it was 5 business days for Grading when I sent my books in Aug 20). Really fast TAT. My books are scheduled for delivery on Friday.

I'll tell you, it was nerve racking to check the Grades when I got the shipping notification.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Mine were split. Prolly get 2 separate shipments.

10 day press and same day on grading. On walk through tier.

So you figure less than 2 weeks on hulk

The batman books will be same tier as yourself.

Maybe 3 weeks on batman books.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Super fast TAT!!! Best of luck!!! 🤞 for grade bumps!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
That would be my big concern if I were in the OPs shoes.

He said they were in the 9.0-9.4 range.

There’s limited reward, but a lot of risk there.

@Jabberwookie I was kind of thinking the opposite. I was thinking the fact that they are 9.0-9.4 is a good starting point as eliminating one or two small creases might double the value in some cases. I would never crack a 9.6, but a current 8.5-9.2 would probably be my most likely target for pressing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
That would be my big concern if I were in the OPs shoes.

He said they were in the 9.0-9.4 range.

There’s limited reward, but a lot of risk there.

@Jabberwookie I was kind of thinking the opposite. I was thinking the fact that they are 9.0-9.4 is a good starting point as eliminating one or two small creases might double the value in some cases. I would never crack a 9.6, but a current 8.5-9.2 would probably be my most likely target for pressing.

That is definitely possible, and an 8.5 seems like a really nice sweet spot to be in.

My take was if you have a 9.4, then you really only have the option to get a 9.6 or 9.8, if you go up.

Even with a press, you’re gambling on the subjective part not keeping you were you are or knocking you down a little.

Admittedly, the recent post of someone cracking a slab and getting a lower grade is fresh in my mind and might be swaying me more than it should.

But, I don’t disagree with your take.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Ok. Talk is cheap and ill always find an excuse. I just dropped off 4 books to fedex.

All CGC graded.
Hulk 181 9.4
Hulk 181 8.5
Batman 121. 6.0
Batman 121. 5.0

With my crappy attitude watch one come back restored.....

This is awesome!! Best of luck @Bronte!! Please post here when they come back.

I CPR'd my 2 Hulk 181's...they're coming back end of this week. I sent them in across the street for the sole reason that their Pressing TATs are normal. They were sent as 4.5 and 6.0.....they're coming back as a 5.0 and 6.0....only 1 grade point bump....but I'll take it.

This is what was sent (cracked out)

CPR'd Books back...

Post 31 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
They entered my book in this morning. So countdown starts today.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Thanks to those who helped push me to get these pressed.

8.5 ow / w to 9.0 w
9.4 ow / w to 9.6 ow / w

Post 33 IP   flag post
598088 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?