Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL week 2 picks and discussion thread12871

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
They just announced that Golladay is out😕. Still going to run all over them with Peterson! I am more worried about the refs than I am the Packers.🦁🦁🦁
Post 26 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that’s it for Dallas. Third fumble in 4 possessions
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 I feel for ya. Minnesota is self destructing also. They gave up another safety this week.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Anyone else play fantasy football? I made the mistake of starting Cousins on one of my teams. He is -1.56 at the half. SMH
Post 29 IP   flag post
Don’t feel too bad. The Lions are unraveling after jumping on ‘em early. Detroit is the best first quarter team in football. Too bad the game doesn’t end then, we would be undefeated!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Vikings played like crap!!!!

Cousins ended up at -1.48 for my fantasy team. He's gone!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I really need to pick another team😑. Virtually every other Lions fan I know has a second team. They all look at me in disbelief when I tell them I don’t. My best friend is a hardcore Chargers fan, my other best friend is a Steelers fan. I have friends who are Rams fans, Cowboys fans and so on. The Lions can’t stop anything on defense. They can’t defend the run, they can’t defend the pass, they can’t rush the quarterback. They get out schemed every week. As much as it pains me, after more than 40 years it might be time to pick a second team 😕. Maybe one that wins once in a while...
Post 32 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
I have to give Dallas credit. They came back for the win after I had given up on them.
Go DALLAS!!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Well, that’s it for Dallas. Third fumble in 4 possessions

Who saw that coming?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Man!

Looking at the picks, and this will be a tough one for this week!
Post 35 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Anyone else play fantasy football? I made the mistake of starting Cousins on one of my teams. He is -1.56 at the half. SMH

Josh Allen went off for me this week, Jesse! Last week I started Drew Brees over Allen (huge game on my bench) and got beat. Lesson learned.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Two questions:
1. Who is the Vikes backup QB?
2. When does Cousins get benched and he start playing?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:

Two questions:
1. Who is the Vikes backup QB?
2. When does Cousins get benched and he start playing?

1) Sean Mannion
2) knowing Zimmer, when it's too late to do any good.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have to give Dallas credit. They came back for the win after I had given up on them.
Go DALLAS!!!!

Hats off to Dallas. They persevered, and their winning field goal was the only lead they had in the game.

Atlanta deserved to lose this game. When Dallas did onside kick with less than 2 minutes left in the game, Atlanta waited until the ball traveled 10 yards before trying to take possession. They just stood and looked at the ball.

Onside Kick:
Kicking team - cannot touch the ball until it travels 10 yards.
Receiving Team - can touch the ball at any time.

This was poor coaching on Atlanta. Embarrassingly poor coaching!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
I really need to pick another team😑. Virtually every other Lions fan I know has a second team. They all look at me in disbelief when I tell them I don’t. My best friend is a hardcore Chargers fan, my other best friend is a Steelers fan. I have friends who are Rams fans, Cowboys fans and so on. The Lions can’t stop anything on defense. They can’t defend the run, they can’t defend the pass, they can’t rush the quarterback. They get out schemed every week. As much as it pains me, after more than 40 years it might be time to pick a second team 😕. Maybe one that wins once in a while...

Ya'll just need to get rid of Patricia.

That was such a strange coaching move, anyway. Caldwell was doing just fine.
Post 40 IP   flag post
If I read this right, Jessie and Lonestar have only missed one game.

It's going to be a close one this week!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie

And you have not missed one yet. How about sending that football god to us also
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

And you have not missed one yet. How about sending that football god to us also

Shhhhh...

I'm trying to stay under the radar.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Seattle pantsed Belichick. Always like seeing that guy get pantsed
Post 44 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Seattle pantsed Belichick. Always like seeing that guy get pantsed

Cool, when his pants were down did anyone take a picture of his weenie? Is it on the internet? lol.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I heard Edelman is selling that picture for $5
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I liked coach Caldwell. He was a super guy and usually had the team ready to play. However, he was never going to get the Lions over the hump and into the land of playoff victories. I don’t blame Bob Quinn for trying to find a coach who could. What I DO blame Quinn for is everything that has happened since. This is 100% Quinn’s team, personnel wise. Matt Patricia is his hand picked coach. Quinn has made several questionable trades, getting poor value for quality starters, and his drafting has been mediocre at best. Matt Patricia’s record as a head coach speaks for itself. Quinn and Patricia both need to go, and they will be gone at the end of the year, barring a miraculous turnaround. I don’t know who the Fords can get that can turn this team around. I just think it’s sad that we are discussing it in week 2. The fans here deserve so much better. Lions fans are a loyal, passionate and extremely long suffering bunch. The last time the Lions won a championship my mom was 5 years old. We deserve a winner. The Red Wings turned it around after decades of mediocrity. So did the Pistons. Even the Tigers won it all in ‘84. Hopefully the Lions will win something during my lifetime. I playoff win during my lifetime is just not good enough.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@jabberwookie already won it! If NO wins, could this be the first perfect week?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@jabberwookie already won it! If NO wins, could this be the first perfect week?

No one will be more surprised than me.

Heck, the things that had to happen just for me to pick correctly is insane.

The Cowboys comeback, the Chiefs and the 58 yard field goal, Seattle coming back. It just boggles the mind.

What a very strange week in the NFL.

Now I'm going to hear about the amazing comeback all week, and no one is going to talk about a defense that is even worse than last year.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I liked coach Caldwell. He was a super guy and usually had the team ready to play. However, he was never going to get the Lions over the hump and into the land of playoff victories. I don’t blame Bob Quinn for trying to find a coach who could. What I DO blame Quinn for is everything that has happened since. This is 100% Quinn’s team, personnel wise. Matt Patricia is his hand picked coach. Quinn has made several questionable trades, getting poor value for quality starters, and his drafting has been mediocre at best. Matt Patricia’s record as a head coach speaks for itself. Quinn and Patricia both need to go, and they will be gone at the end of the year, barring a miraculous turnaround. I don’t know who the Fords can get that can turn this team around. I just think it’s sad that we are discussing it in week 2. The fans here deserve so much better. Lions fans are a loyal, passionate and extremely long suffering bunch. The last time the Lions won a championship my mom was 5 years old. We deserve a winner. The Red Wings turned it around after decades of mediocrity. So did the Pistons. Even the Tigers won it all in ‘84. Hopefully the Lions will win something during my lifetime. I playoff win during my lifetime is just not good enough.

Isn't that the worst position to be in?

Knowing you have a decent coach, but not a great one.

I felt the same way about Garrett, and two games into the Mike McCarthy era, it's looking like Garrett wasn't as bad as I thought.

Being a fan is maddening sometimes...

Well, I hope your Lions get better coaching and soon, while Stafford still has something left.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Lions need a coach who can get players to buy into a system and play fundamental football. I look at them like I did the Bengals when we hired Marvin Lewis after the 2002 season. Team was in shambles, he came in, got the young guys to buy in to his philosophy and got veterans to come in and help lead. He was a breath of fresh air for the team. He was never going to be the guy to get the team over the hump and had the job way too long but he was what the franchise needed at the time. Coaches like Caldwell and Garrett are similar to that as well. They get them in the right direction and then you find the guy who will take them over the hump like a Tony Dungy or a Dallas-era Jimmy Johnson. Patricia just seems inept. He should have been fired by now. As a Bengals fan, I do sympathize with Lions fans. I feel like we all know what we're going through.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Lions need a coach who can get players to buy into a system and play fundamental football. I look at them like I did the Bengals when we hired Marvin Lewis after the 2002 season. Team was in shambles, he came in, got the young guys to buy in to his philosophy and got veterans to come in and help lead. He was a breath of fresh air for the team. He was never going to be the guy to get the team over the hump and had the job way too long but he was what the franchise needed at the time. Coaches like Caldwell and Garrett are similar to that as well. They get them in the right direction and then you find the guy who will take them over the hump like a Tony Dungy or a Dallas-era Jimmy Johnson. Patricia just seems inept. He should have been fired by now. As a Bengals fan, I do sympathize with Lions fans. I feel like we all know what we're going through.

I very much agree, but the other problem with having that "good enough" coach is there are a lot of those guys out there, and not many of the great ones.

You've got Belichek in NE, REid in KC (and he was one of those "good enough" guys until last year), maybe Sean McVay, Pete Carroll, and that's about it.

Having a competent coach who gets you to the playoff each year is helpful. You can't win it if you're not in it, but it's very much like being a 7-8 seed in the NBA.

What's the point of getting to the playoffs just to get bounced out?

It's a really tough position to be in, and I feel empathy for any fanbase that's in it.

Studley, at least you aren't still dealing with the Akili smith, David Klingler level draft picks anymore...
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Watching the MNF pregame show, and Allegiant Stadium is just magnificent. Until tonight I've only seen pics of the outside.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Ed Hochuli's son is the ref for MNF. He needs to hit the gym because he looks scrawny. Ed probably doesn't claim him.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Saints up, so far.

I might actually get away with a clean sweep...which probably means I go 0 fer next week. Lol!
Post 55 IP   flag post
600893 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?