Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Will you be buying comics up until your death bed?12839

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My brother always says, your collection isn't worth squat until you sell it. Hypothetical value is a bunch of hot air.

Funny on how he would be the person inheriting any books I have left at my end of days....
Post 51 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@doog I love Johnny Depp but I have not heard of that movie. I will definitely be checking it out!

Post 52 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
the real question is

What comics do you plan to be buried with?

I have 2 set aside

Dazzler #1 and Not Brand Ecch Annual #1 ???
Post 53 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My brother always says, your collection isn't worth squat until you sell it. Hypothetical value is a bunch of hot air.

Funny on how he would be the person inheriting any books I have left at my end of days....

Would he say the same about your house?
Post 54 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice

I don't put much stock in what he says about it. Obviously he has no qualms asking to borrow money from me so he knows I must be doing something right.

But yeah, I die he gets everything. Essentially he is the only family I have left. So the house is his too. Fortunately I'm worth more dead to him than alive.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I rarely buy new single issues. I buy trades for reading when something interests me.

That said, I pick-up a back issue on occasion if it seems to have potential of becoming a key in the future.

I do, however, plan to collect vintage books all my life.
Post 56 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Fortunately I'm worth more dead to him than alive.

How is that a good thing??? You'd want it the other way around, right? Otherwise, you are in the cross hairs.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@MrNotSoNice

I don't put much stock in what he says about it. Obviously he has no qualms asking to borrow money from me so he knows I must be doing something right.

But yeah, I die he gets everything. Essentially he is the only family I have left. So the house is his too. Fortunately I'm worth more dead to him than alive.

Be sure to put some miles and dents on that Lamborghini before he gets his mitts on it.
Post 58 IP   flag post
@chester15

Long story. But I have it right.

@doog

No Lamborghini. I do have a nice fox mustang. He doesn't like that either. That I will probably leave to a friend when I pass.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Comics? No...

Comic OA? yesssss.....
Post 61 IP   flag post
600644 61 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?