Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeSignatures

Never know what you'll find going through the ol' comic box.12799

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just looking through my comic collection for things to slab and came across this old thing. Thought you'd appreciate it.

Never read. Signed by Jack Kirby when I handed it to him at the San Diego ComicCon #3 in La Jolla, CA, 1972. Been bagged and boarded ever since. Thinkin' maybe I'll slab it.

Should I press to improve the lower left corner? Probably a 9.6 or better if bend corrected.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
😯
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice Yes!!!! verify that sig! theres a promo going on right now...incredible find!!! congrats!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes! press and VSP!!! $$$$
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, press and VSP.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice Congrats! What else is in the magic box? 😄
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 I found these. They're nice, right?

I remember buying that Conan #1 off the news stand.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice Absolutely. I have copies of the Cap and DD myself.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I found these in a box I had set aside because they weren't #1's which I normally collect. Some of you might know the significance of these books.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Very nice! Those don't show up very often. Looks like they're in pretty nice shape, too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I found these in a box I had set aside because they weren't #1's which I normally collect. Some of you might know the significance of these books.

Those probably belong in the Smithsonian.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Years ago I bought a first page Kirby signed FP1 at a show for $25. Even had a note on the bag "signed Jack Kirby". There was no CBCS to very signatures at the time. It had a slight tear on the cover so it graded at 6.0 but the signature verified a few years later. I sold it a year or two ago for $650. I'm thinking with a press yours might be a $1,500-$2,000 find? And a decent portion of that value is due to the fact that CBCS exists and can verify that signature. So by all means, take advantage of the promo and give them their $20 share of it!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!! A very nice find indeed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
A Jack pearl. And signed where it should be. That is beautiful. I am sure the memory is even better.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely press it; i did not c/p my Sandman 1, snd now been thinking about it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597869 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?