Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

CFP_Comics before and after Iron Man 112760

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Joey worked his craft on my Iron Man 1 about 2 yrs ago. He got the spine realigned without tearing the weakened cover at all, and straightened out the many dog-eared pages. Well done. I finally sent it out for grading and wanted to share. I expected a 2.0, got a 2.5.
Sorry about the double posted pics, I apparently don’t know what I’m doing.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito needs to see these pics. @Joosh Congrats....way nicer looking book all because of the press.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Joey is the bomb!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh awesome! @CFP_Comics is a real chef with the pancakes!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! I've been hunting for a 7.5 white pages. Not as easy as one would think.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Great work on that spine! I have some comics in with Joey right now. *fingers crossed*
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah someone really knows how to press. I might have to throw Joey some business after my non-press across the street...
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
In before the "poof'.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Will most of the people who do pressing forward your books on to the grading services for you? Nice work on the book by the way.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Will most of the people who do pressing forward your books on to the grading services for you? Nice work on the book by the way.

Yes.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Joey is also authorized to handle yellow label books from both CBCS and CGC so if someone has a book that hasn't been pressed he can work on it too and it will retain the yellow label when sent back for regrading! No need for CCS or CBCS in house pressing service.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector psucl99 private msg quote post Address this user
What’s Joey’s contact info?
Post 13 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Stupid question. Can you pre-screen a book while it is still encapsulated?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Stupid question. Can you pre-screen a book while it is still encapsulated?

Not stupid at all. The short answer is yes, but what you can see is limited. You would see obvious defects that can be fixed by pressing, but would not be able to pick up things that the inner well may smooth out due to the pressure it has on the book.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have a few books I'm hesitant to crack if the grade isn't going to increase. 9.4 hulk 181 and 9.2 detective 298. I wish you were just a tad bit closer. (I'm in west palm beach)
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CFP_Comics

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have a few books I'm hesitant to crack if the grade isn't going to increase. 9.4 hulk 181 and 9.2 detective 298. I wish you were just a tad bit closer. (I'm in west palm beach)

Post some scans on the board here. There are a lot of people with sharp eyes that can give you some direction. If you don't already have them, I would get the notes on books with that kind of monetary value.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Here are grader notes.
I need to find the books to take pix.

Category:  UniversalGrade:  9.4Page Quality:  OFF-WHITEGrade Text:  Art Comments:  Len Wein story  Herb Trimpe and Jack Abel art  Herb Trimpe coverKey Comments:  1st full appearance of Wolverine.  Wendigo appearance.Issue Year:  1974

Grader Notes:  Front Cover Small Dent  Front Cover Small Stress Lines  Right Bottom Front Cover Small Crease

Category:  UniversalGrade:  9.2Page Quality:  CREAM TO OFF-WHITEGrade Text:  Art Comments:  Bill Finger story  Joe Certa and Nick Cardy art  Sheldon Moldoff cover and artKey Comments:  Origin and 1st appearance of the  Silver Age Clayface (Matt Hagen).  Aquaman backup story.Issue Year:  1961

Grader Notes:  Bottom Spine Wear Breaks Color  Left Top Back Cover Small Lite Crease  Spine Small Chip Out  Top Spine Wear Breaks Color
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here are grader notes.
I need to find the books to take pix.

Category:  UniversalGrade:  9.4Page Quality:  OFF-WHITEGrade Text:  Art Comments:  Len Wein story  Herb Trimpe and Jack Abel art  Herb Trimpe coverKey Comments:  1st full appearance of Wolverine.  Wendigo appearance.Issue Year:  1974

Grader Notes:  Front Cover Small Dent  Front Cover Small Stress Lines  Right Bottom Front Cover Small Crease

Category:  UniversalGrade:  9.2Page Quality:  CREAM TO OFF-WHITEGrade Text:  Art Comments:  Bill Finger story  Joe Certa and Nick Cardy art  Sheldon Moldoff cover and artKey Comments:  Origin and 1st appearance of the  Silver Age Clayface (Matt Hagen).  Aquaman backup story.Issue Year:  1961

Grader Notes:  Bottom Spine Wear Breaks Color  Left Top Back Cover Small Lite Crease  Spine Small Chip Out  Top Spine Wear Breaks Color

Pictures would help out to determine if grade can be imporved upon
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Dude, I am by no means any kind of an expert, but from what i have tried to pick up here on this awesome forum, from what you just posted, that IH 181 would already be in the mail. #jealous
Post 20 IP   flag post
@lpgasdude

Lol. Yeah I've been waffling. I'm a scary cat because these are my 2 most valuable books.

I get the impression the hulk might get a bump, but I would HATE to be wrong and have it drop.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I opened a new thread to stop hijacking this one.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600864 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?