Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Pressing signed comics1273

Collector djinn155 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. I'm new to slabbing comics so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Is it safe to get a comic pressed after it is signed? Also, is this a common practice?
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
It’s safe, but you want to have somebody who knows what they are doing press the book, like CFP Comics and Services. Everybody and his brother is pressing these days and it seems like some guys think that all it takes is the money to buy a press.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A little advice if you know what kind of pen was used let your presser know. Ball point, felt tip, autograph pen...etc. I assure you heat, and if moisture is applied can affect ink from certain pens.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I got a comic signed recently by a lot of people and some of them (unknowingly to them) put damage on the comic by grabbing it and admiring it. sharpies and paint pens were used covering the whole front cover. Can it be pressed and would a pressing correct 2 spine marks?
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
A little advice if you know what kind of pen was used let your presser know. Ball point, felt tip, autograph pen...etc. I assure you heat, and if moisture is applied can affect ink from certain pens.

Anyone worth their salt would already know this, but it certainly couldn't hurt to remind them.

Additionally, you would have to use someone who is authorized to press books AFTER they are signed. Not everyone can.
Post 6 IP   flag post
as far as types of pens, can both be pressed? I am considering sending one to you. I've never had one pressed before.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
as far as types of pens, can both be pressed? I am considering sending one to you. I've never had one pressed before.

Who were the artists? And, are any of the signatures done in white paint pen?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have CFP press it to be safe.
Post 9 IP   flag post
cast of star wars and no the only paint pen was in gold, all the rest are silver and gold sharpie
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
cast of star wars and no the only paint pen was in gold, all the rest are silver and gold sharpie

Should be fine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601214 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?