CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

Teenage mutant ninja turtles 1 2nd print on ebay12718

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Did the winner have a lot of feedback?

I've never sold anything on ebay but can you cancel or erase bids in some way while auctions are active if you think someone is bidding from a questionable account?

Yes, I actually policed this auction pretty well. I kicked one guy out, and canceled $5000 bids from "0" feedback bidders. That's why I thought I would be ok...top bidder was a 37 feedback...but been on since 2007, 2nd place has over 200...but as of 432 est, no payment 🤷‍♂️
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
It's a lot of money and the weekend (and a long weekend at that). There's still hope. Hopefully you'll get some correspondence soon.
Post 27 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested, the book is back up at fixed price on ebay. I will sell through here for cheaper

Top bidder didn'twant it, second no response, 3rd highest I know from Instagram and he wasn't interested and has moved on...

That's life...oh well
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
If I may ask, what was the high bidder’s excuse?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson sorry to hear. seems like thrill bidding
Post 30 IP   flag post

Ugh, that really bites. Pretty ridiculous that you can just bid up something like that and then just walk with no ramifications.
Post 31 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
How does that happen?? The winning bidder "decides" he doesn't want it? I'd like the eBay handle so I can block him...what a total waste of time.

Sorry to hear about this @enelson.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If I may ask, what was the high bidder’s excuse?

Usually it is a) my son bid without my permission, b) my car broke down and i now need the money to fix it or c) something like this

Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Wow....
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@poka I’ve got the “my car broke down & I suddenly don’t have the funds” excuse at least twice. “My son ordered it without my permission”, once.

And a return once cuz “I got this vintage SNES game for my son’s birthday & he played it & doesn’t like it”. Which . . . doesn’t seem like my problem. But I accepted the return because e-bay sides with the Buyer in cases like this.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Not to long ago I bid on a 8.0 2nd print, I think I bailed out about 1200, went to 1600ish, now I see What a good deal that was. Did settle for a 3rd print 8.0 for 400
Post 36 IP   flag post
The high bidders story was a bunch of personal problems information that may be just ridiculous enough to possibly be true(girlfriend, kids, custody, etc.)....so I dunno, on this occasion I am actually not going to put the guy on blast. I also dont think he normally buys comics...mostly vinyl records and antique things... I am 50/50 on reality of his story...so I dunno
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
The high bidders story was a bunch of personal problems information that may be just ridiculous enough to possibly be true(girlfriend, kids, custody, etc.)....so I dunno, on this occasion I am actually not going to put the guy on blast. I also dont think he normally buys comics...mostly vinyl records and antique things... I am 50/50 on reality of his story...so I dunno

And it all happend within 24 hours after bidding ended? nah - you were taken for a spin
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

And it all happend within 24 hours after bidding ended? nah - you were taken for a spin

Yeah, I suppose. I have been trying to be more positive though, so I just figured I got my FV fee back and relisted. I think there was tons of BS bidding on it. I don't know who was real or not. I might be done with auctions all together, because the one other "fishy" thing I did notice also is some of the same people that bid now have tmnt books listed. So theres that...just know, it wasn't on my end. I had 0 feedback bidders bidding 5000 and 5100 within minutes of each other and I caught and deleted those.
The whole thing was a mess. I should have probably just canceled the whole thing once I'd already canceled/had people cancel 4 bids
Post 39 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson looks like the book sold, what were you able to sell it for
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Enelson looks like the book sold, what were you able to sell it for

No I actually took down the listing because I might be working something out on Instagram...it might be back up
Post 41 IP   flag post
Good luck on the sale. What a pain. Is sending it to MCS or Comic Link for auction not an option?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
If not for the 2 bidder's low feedback, I'd suspect they have their own copies for sale, and were hoping to give the value a boost. Instead it does sound like people at their computers thinking, "Wow, this is fun!"
Post 43 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
All of what has been said amazes me. There have been plenty of things I've been stuck with and it never occurred to me to bail on it. The fact that there are people out there that will play around on multiples of thousands of dollars just blows me away.
Post 44 IP   flag post
The saga of the tmnt auction is complete. The comic finally sold on Instagram through PayPal goods and services...not for the $4050 I thought had during an ebay auction, but for significantly more than last recorded sales.
Post 45 IP   flag post
601218 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?