Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeQuestions

Another mint GSX1 wrecked!!!12700

Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
Further to the insurance coverage discussion, I spoke with Kim something rather. If you're someone who sells in excess of 5% of your collection per annum, you are supposed to get a dealer rate, not a collector rate. The dealer rate is more expensive. I did confirm that shipping to and from not just the grader, but also folks like your presser AND books that you've acquired are covered when it comes to shipping. You just have to pay the $200 deductible.

Because I have so many books I want to sell, I have to get the dealer rate, and even if I reduce the insurance to only cover $50K worth of my most valuable books, I'm still looking at $800 a year. Most notably, under the dealer rate, the coverage on the shipping is to a maximum of the total declared/insured value of the collection.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Batworldfan private msg quote post Address this user
Good info agamoto, I just got a small Collectibles Insurance policy last year, after hearing good things about them on the boards and YouTube like Regie Collects etc., when I talked to an agent and 'the sells in excess of 5% of your collection per year' or they want you to pay way more for a dealer rate blew me away! I don't think anyone had ever mentioned this before, and I'm thinking if I have a $10,000 value collection, I can only sell a $500 book and be fully covered! WTF are they living in an alternative reality, where no one sells much. I complained about it, and encourage everyone to voice their thoughts as well. I'm assuming the majority of collectors are just rolling the dice, and hoping they don't get burned by this lameness.
I'm also curious, where are you selling your comics agamoto?
Post 52 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This seems appropo:

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
as far as insurance through usps (i just sent in a very expensive batch of golden age books to cbcs last week), with priority mail you can purchase up to 5000$ worth of insurance through the postal seevice. you have to do sig confirmation over 2000$. anything over 5000$ you have to do registered mail, where every postal employee has to sign off when they touch it. they have a special tape you have to use to seal up the box.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batworldfan

I'm also curious, where are you selling your comics agamoto?

The bulk of it is going to Heritage, some via eBay, some via waffles run by others.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
ugghhh my copy

JESUS MURPHY, that's crazy! Share your story.

I had this reholdered because it was in one of the original CGC cases and the book would kind of move around a bit in the inner well. When I received it i did kind of give it a second look. Best I can see the overhangs are bent over the side but there is no color break or crease...but it did not look like this in the original holder I sent in.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Bottom line is, if the design of the case cannot reliably accomodate these squarebounds, then they either need to not encapsulate them at all and raw grade them, or they need to put them inside the larger cases they use for magazines. They are wrecking these books and they KNOW it. How they haven't had a class action laid against them already is puzzling to me. Not enough lawyer collectors out there with damaged GSX1's I guess!
Post 57 IP   flag post
601338 57 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?