Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Stan Lee autographed partial blank covers12682

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone noticed that CGC 9.8 Stan Lee SS Partial Blank covers are selling for sometimes 2X, or more, than a regular non-key CGC 9.8 Stan Lee SS book? I get that the partial blanks are "rarer" when compared to the tons of other books he signed plus that Walking Dead Stan Lee cover probably help with driving up the demand for blank SS slabs.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Examples of some asking prices. Most that have sold appears to have been sold using the Best Offer option. I don't know how to find out the sold prices on Best Offers.

Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if it’s because they can then get art on the cover and have Lee’s signature alongside some original art
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting find. Perhaps it's because the cover is Blank and the signature is the standout aspect of the comic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

Yes, I think that is a valid reason. I've seen some creative covers that were done after he signed the book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I recall a less than flattering cover drawn after the sig that caused a bit of an uproar. I think Stan was being severely brutalized, if not murdered.
I can't remember any other details.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah that was the Walking Dead cover that had one of the characters taking a bat to Stan's head. I thought there was a Zatanna cover too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
602404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?