CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 9/26/161263

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Expanded & Consumer grading took a big step forward compared to last week's update. I almost read that wrong.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Wow. Expanded & Consumer grading took a big step forward compared to last week's update. I almost read that wrong.

Wait till they get to the stack from SDCC.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder what is worse... Waiting while the books are in QC or while they are in Shipping? LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

I know CBCS is trying to hire more graders, what about opening an office on the west coast? I'm sure there are candidates who live out west that don't want or can't move to Florida. Or is there something in the works that only CBCS knows about.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember reading an explanation a while ago but I can't remember exactly what it said. How do the date's relate when you have orders that have both modern & expanded comics included?

For example I have an order that includes 1 expanded comic and 4 modern that was received July 27.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
I remember reading an explanation a while ago but I can't remember exactly what it said. How do the date's relate when you have orders that have both modern & expanded comics included?

For example I have an order that includes 1 expanded comic and 4 modern that was received July 27.

Your comics are put into the cue with the other Modern orders, and scheduled to be graded with those orders.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Do Fast Pass orders go through QC and Shipping faster than normal Modern? I ask this because I have an order in OC of Modern books that were submitted in July, and a Fast Pass order submitted at the Baltimore Comic Con. I was wondering which one would get to me first.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

I know CBCS is trying to hire more graders, what about opening an office on the west coast? I'm sure there are candidates who live out west that don't want or can't move to Florida. Or is there something in the works that only CBCS knows about.

Forget about hiring more graders. I would rather they hire more packers. My books have been in "shipping" status for a week now. I don't know how long it takes to grade a book but I am pretty sure I can pack 6 books in about 15 minutes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
Steve,

Do you guys at CBCS think you will ever finish the event submission? Or do you think they will keep stacking up? Unless you guys go on an "on-site grading hiatus", it looks like it will keeping stacking on. I am not complaining, i just feel like a break from that would greatly increase modern, express, and fast track. Also, i may be a bit biased seeing as how there is only one on-site grading event in california for the year. Please open a western branch when possible! Thank guys
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Do Fast Pass orders go through QC and Shipping faster than normal Modern? I ask this because I have an order in OC of Modern books that were submitted in July, and a Fast Pass order submitted at the Baltimore Comic Con. I was wondering which one would get to me first.

Usually, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
Forget about hiring more graders. I would rather they hire more packers. My books have been in "shipping" status for a week now. I don't know how long it takes to grade a book but I am pretty sure I can pack 6 books in about 15 minutes.

Turnaround in a particular department depends on the backlog at any given time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceralDreams
Steve,

Do you guys at CBCS think you will ever finish the event submission? Or do you think they will keep stacking up? Unless you guys go on an "on-site grading hiatus", it looks like it will keeping stacking on. I am not complaining, i just feel like a break from that would greatly increase modern, express, and fast track. Also, i may be a bit biased seeing as how there is only one on-site grading event in california for the year. Please open a western branch when possible! Thank guys

I don't understand what you're asking. We don't have any on-site scheduled for the foreseeable future. It will happen again, but we're not sure when.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600833 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?