Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TyrantK private msg quote post Address this user
I was doing some browsing on the CBCS services page and came across "slideshow" for $300. I did some superficial searching and couldn't really find a description of what exactly this service is. Anyone have this done or know anything about it? Mods, I apologize if this is clearly listed somewhere.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
A quick google search for 'CBCS slideshow' lands you on the FAQ page:

A slideshow file will be created using still images of every page and the interior covers of your comic book. We are offering this service to our customers who would still like the opportunity to see their entire comic after having it certified and encapsulated by CBCS. These internal images are only to help understand why that specific comic book was graded the way it was by the CBCS experts, as the interior defects (or lack thereof) and not only the cover, is taken into account when grading. There will be a special QR target printed on the back of your CBCS label that will take you to our site where your slideshow will be stored indefinitely. The cost for this service is only $300 per book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TyrantK private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason, it didn't occur to me to do a google search. I just clicked around on the this website and clearly missed it. Thanks for the response, though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantK
For some reason, it didn't occur to me to do a google search. I just clicked around on the this website and clearly missed it. Thanks for the response, though.

nbd, I wasn't sure what it was either. I'd noticed it when submitting, but didn't care enough to check then, haha.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Draco private msg quote post Address this user
Only $300 per book. Maybe for 1st appearance of Superman, Wolverine or Spiderman...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone had this done? I know it says "only $300" but that's a lot of money. How does it look? Are you happy with it?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Only time I've ever seen something like this was the 9.0 Action Comics 1 that sold on eBay for $3.2 Million (graded and slideshowed by the other guys). Yes, only makes sense for very high value books, otherwise just buy another copy of the book (at least up to $300) to read . . .
Post 7 IP   flag post
600839 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?