Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Went to LCS for NCBD to pick up some things. Purchased Venom 27 and some others. Noticed that when I removed Venom from the bag and board the entire book is wavy and the cover isn’t very glossy? Did the shipment get damp? Is this on Diamond or my LCS? Do I return? Just seems strange. Side note they also had the Stegman variant 27 priced at 12.95! Is this normal practice to up charge on new release books?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's kind of a thing now. It's not every book but my thinking is it is the paper stock that Marvel uses. The majority of my Marvel and IDW books have some level of waves or color rub near the staples.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Its the manufacturing process. The paper, the coating, and the level of humidity where it was printed. Moisture will cause the books to get wavy.
The color rubs are from the cover rubbing against a part of the machine while its getting stitched (staples). The color rubs can usually be avoided if the operator is paying attention and makes an adjustment. But at the speeds these machines run at, thousands of books will be marked before its caught.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love material quality and Q.C.!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I believe 90% of Marvel comics I’ve picked up in the last year or 2 are wavy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
597876 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?