Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Post Funny Stuff, Comic Related or not12599

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I had a mate in high school whose mum would let them in and make them cups of tea.
Within an hour they were trying to get out of the house šŸ˜‚
Post 901 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 902 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just thought Iā€™d share one of my favorite ā€œImpractical Jokersā€ bits:

Post 904 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this was already posted but, good idea!

Post 905 IP   flag post

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 906 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 907 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
The forums are having an inner conflict over how to represent time
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 909 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
This response in support of CBCS adding character labels, ala CGC:

Post 910 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Is this real life???
Post 911 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Is this real life???

Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me
Post 912 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

just want to point something out here....even if CBCS wanted to do character labels because as is so gently pointed out there is a market for such a product.

I can with 100% certainty say that CGC is paying for that right and with almost 100% certainty in return there would be a clause in the contract saying those characters could not be used by other grading companies (exclusive right to use the likeness etc. etc.) -or right of 1st refusal or right to pay more to ensure that the competition can't use them...or some such wording or clause.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors...it is quite possible that CBCS has approached Marvel/DC to use their character on labels but have been blocked from doing so......kind of like all the Marvel characters that Disney can't use.

Having been blocked the only option is to take the high ground and say we prefer to not use them rather than we are legally prevented by CGC or Marvel etc. from using them..thereby ensuring they would never get the opportunity in the future when contracts are renewed etc.

just sayin...it pays to maybe think about things once in a while...although spouting off is so much more fun!!
Post 913 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Quote:

Is this real life???

Unfortunately, yes. It is a comment on a post in the CBCS Comic Collectors Club on Facebook.
Post 914 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
entities like CBCS are run by people with values and opinions and by proxy entities have values and opinions. Good business sense means they should listen to the market but are absolutely under no obligation to follow, agree or conform to the market.
Post 915 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I can with 100% certainty say that CGC is paying for that right and with almost 100% certainty in return there would be a clause in the contract saying those characters could not be used by other grading companies (exclusive right to use the likeness etc. etc.) -or right of 1st refusal or right to pay more to ensure that the competition can't use them...or some such wording or clause.

Our industry is 50% moron. The idea that you would have to get permission or pay for rights...that doesn't even cross their mind. They're like "CGC got Spider-man labels, CBCS won't do it cause they think their better than everyone else". F**king morons.
Post 916 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia seems like whoever Don Homer is might be in the 50% non-moron group:

Post 917 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

just want to point something out here....even if CBCS wanted to do character labels because as is so gently pointed out there is a market for such a product.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors...it is quite possible that CBCS has approached Marvel/DC to use their character on labels but have been blocked from doing so......kind of like all the Marvel characters that Disney can't use.

Having been blocked the only option is to take the high ground and say we prefer to not use them rather than we are legally prevented by CGC or Marvel etc. from using them..thereby ensuring they would never get the opportunity in the future when contracts are renewed etc.

just sayin...it pays to maybe think about things once in a while...although spouting off is so much more fun!!

Very well said, and very valid points! Only CBCS knows what they deal with. We are armchair quarterbacks... that love comics.
Post 918 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 919 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I think you're referring to the post without the 87 typos. Agreed, not the moron.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Quote:

I dunno what a fast magority is but I feel like I should avoid it.
Post 921 IP   flag post
"When is CGC not gonna have oil spill plastics?" Guess seeing a book through a rainbow is better than a detailed label without Spiderman webbing me and half the book's details on the back.
Post 922 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I have no doubt CGC is paying a pretty penny for those because the practices on those are terrible, even by CGC standards.

I was at a book signing today with a CGC rep so I had to hear them explain the pricing several times.

So in addition to paying extra for the label, they also donā€™t let you mix labels on the same invoice. So if you wanted to get a Spider-Man label on one book and a Wolverine label on another, that means you need two invoices, which means two invoice fees, which means two shipping fees
Post 923 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Having been blocked the only option is to take the high ground and say we prefer to not use them rather than we are legally prevented by CGC or Marvel etc. from using them..

I don't understand why this would be considered taking the high ground.
Post 924 IP   flag post

Post 925 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

Having been blocked the only option is to take the high ground and say we prefer to not use them rather than we are legally prevented by CGC or Marvel etc. from using them..

I don't understand why this would be considered taking the high ground.

I figure it's the high ground because otherwise they would have to name who is blocking them...and that would only lead to conflict or shooting themselves in the foot in future negotiations or rile up their fam bases
Post 926 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 927 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
This is not mine, I got it on a FB group. A guy named Bobby Taylor made it.

Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 930 IP   flag post
601333 999 30