Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Post Funny Stuff, Comic Related or not12599

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Imagine the outrage, insults, and jokes if this were in a CGC slab.

It took me a while to see the problem but I imagine it would have been a lot easier to spot the missing piece with the book in hand prior to grading, like what their graders do.

Post 451 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, an angel gets set on fire.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 453 IP   flag post

Post 454 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Although meant to be serious, this article made me laugh. Yes, I'm childish.

https://www.livescience.com/first-dinosaur-butthole-found.html
Post 455 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
The person that wrote the report pretty much used Evey name/ slang to describe the dinosaur butt hole.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not sure if it's funny to you guys but I had a chuckle to myself.

This is the first time I've ever watched a Presidential Inauguration...right now there are trumpets etc. blaring and I realized.....this is where that medal ceremony in Star Wars came from!!! (we don't have that style of thing up here - especially in Jan...stick your lips to metal in the cold - no thanks!!!)

I think it will change how I watch those parts of Star Wars movies forever!!
Post 457 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics was there a wookie roaring on stage ?
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

One of the most well preserved dinosaurs in the world, currently housed at the Senckenberg Museum in Germany. First dinosaur discovered with tail bristles, first to have actual scales preserved, and the melanin present allows the determination of its colors and patterning. Now the first it seems to have a well preserved Cloaca.....Psittacosaurus of course, or as well call them "tacos"....this is the dinosaur I have mounted in my living room behind my chair.
Post 459 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

One of the most well preserved dinosaurs in the world, currently housed at the Senckenberg Museum in Germany. First dinosaur discovered with tail bristles, first to have actual scales preserved, and the melanin present allows the determination of its colors and patterning. Now the first it seems to have a well preserved Cloaca.....Psittacosaurus of course, or as well call them "tacos"....this is the dinosaur I have mounted in my living room behind my chair.

Pix?
Post 460 IP   flag post
You mean of my own?? My dinosaur?
Post 461 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
You mean of my own?? My dinosaur?

hopefully not your butthole!!!
Post 462 IP   flag post

This was how he looked when I bought the little guy..those little fragments are what was left of the ribs.

Hands and feet.....

Restored ribs...took hours. They arrived like this...

Post 463 IP   flag post
No. Not his butt hole. I'm not that kinda perve.... he mentioned one behind his chair....

Wow they did a great job reassembling those fragments.....

Personally I wouldn't be able to distinguish debris from the skeleton.
Post 464 IP   flag post
I am the one who actually did the ribs, the lab cleaned the matrix remaining, treated the bones with solidifier, and then created the mount. The entire skeleton is a jigsaw puzzle that is made of nine pieces that utilize drilled pin and rod sockets or hooks to assemble. In this way I can disassemble, move and then rebuild the skeleton for presentations and display .....
The entire skeleton is original material , composited from two animals similar size to create a single more complete one. The only pieces that are fabricated on the mount are the ribs as the real ones are too small and delicate to mount . The mount utilizes resin sculpted replicas, painted to match the rest of the mount.
The skeleton is 27 inches long, stands 11 inches high at the hips and has 66 vertebrae.
It is what would be considered average for preservation, in that it did not retain the processes for the verts, the small ankle bones were not preserved, nor were the the small bones in the shoulders that helped to stablize the shoulders at the ribcage. It was fortunate that the dinosaur did still have some teeth preserved, as that was unexpected from viewing the original specimen prior to cleaning.
To add another element of humor to this discussion, many of these animals made it out of china onto the world market, but in all cases, they never retain the pubic bone itself. This is fiercely kept by the chinese, and used as medicine. It is ground and sold as a fertility drug in pharmacys . Mine similarly lacks this piece , almost inescapable. Before you laugh, consider the population of China, perhaps there is something to it
Post 465 IP   flag post
They have a new series of Bronco trucks....is it too soon to ask for the limited OJ edition???
Post 466 IP   flag post

Post 467 IP   flag post

Post 468 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 469 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I suddenly want to see Gary Busey play Aunt May in a Spider-Man movie

Post 470 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I'm sure he could pull it off.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Anyone remember when Gary Busey went through his educator/preacher phase of rehab and everything was an Acronym? He would be like "May...M.A.Y means Me And You. That's what my name stands for...Me And You, because 2 people working together can accomplish blah blah blah".
Post 472 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@KatKomics was there a wookie roaring on stage ?

@southerncross I know you're trying to troll-bait me but I ain't fallin for it, lol.
Post 473 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Pretty good one there. Lol
Post 475 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@drchaos Pretty good one there. Lol

I aim to please.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Celebrating B-Day at Mariano's Mexican Restaurant several years ago...

Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica I LOVE Mariano’s!

And now I want a margarita...
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@CatmanAmerica I LOVE Mariano’s!

And now I want a margarita...

With the GOOD tequila,... not that lower shelf crap!
Post 479 IP   flag post
@CatCovers

@Pre_Coder
I second that! After a shot of top shelf tequila I feel it triggers at least one of these reactions for me...

😂👍🏻🍹
Post 480 IP   flag post
601206 999 30